To display at all times and to all people the personal conduct and thinking that conforms to the spirit and intent of the Dallas 1 Mission Statement, and to pro-actively teach, train, and encourage all associates to do likewise.
To properly prepare accurate construction bid estimates that will be competitively acceptable in the marketplace, reasonably profitable to the company, and sufficiently successful to allow then current construction personnel a high degree of employment.
To assist Superintendents and Project Managers, as needed, during the life of a potential project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To be as familiar as possible, when considering a bid estimate, with all company functions from construction to support to office in order to understand the effect of the companys strengths and weaknesses on the contract being considered.
• To prepare timely and accurate bid estimates through quantity take-offs and total contract price runs using estimating software, spreadsheet software, hand calculations, etc.
• To follow the then current policy regarding the required review of a bid estimate with one or more or none of the President, Vice President, General Superintendent, etc. prior to formal bid submission.
• To properly and promptly submit bid estimates to the required parties, negotiate with them, when appropriate, and make prompt follow up calls to them, when advisable.
• To enlist appropriate subcontractors, suppliers, material men, etc. on awarded bid estimates.
• To prepare, price and control all matters outside of the signed contract such as change orders, extras, etc., and when requested become involved in all unanticipated alternate procedures, problem situations, etc. arising during construction.
• To properly and promptly communicate with owners, engineers, supervisors, subcontractors, suppliers, etc. as needed in a manner that will build good relationships and result in more future business.
• To maintain communication properly, respectfully, and courteously with all necessary personnel through the companys radio/telephone or other methods required to do the job.
• To carry out, properly and safely, the reasonable requests of management, whether or not they specifically relate too normally assigned duties.. Requirements:
Knowledge of infra structure construction and heavy equipment.
Excellent math skills.
Good computer skills with a knowledge of earthwork takeoff.
Provided for reference only.
Always consult current legislation in your jurisdiction to create policies and procedures for your organization.
HR Council for the Nonprofit Sector
Good people and communication skills.
Job Specific Competencies:
• Knowledge of infra structure construction and heavy equipment.
• Excellent math skills.
• Good computer skills with a knowledge of earthwork takeoff.
Location: Thonotosassa, Florida, US
Posted Date: 1/8/2020
Click Here to Apply
Dallas 1 Construction