The Principal Consultant, Process Engineer will be responsible for providing the final technical approval, leadership and accountability for the execution of strategic capital projects (EJM) that have been identified as critical to the success of Office Depot’s NA Supply Chain Network. This role works closely with engineering senior management as well as supply chain senior management to ensure successful planning and execution of these projects.
Technical analysis responsibilities include process and technology fits within facilities, capacity and equipment utilization, and assessment of applicable new technologies. In addition, the Principal Engineer is an effective communicator of ideas, project goals and results. With minimal supervision, this role is expected to make presentations and updates to senior management and in broader forums both internal and external.
The Principal Consultant, Process Engineer is expected to contribute to increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of the Process Engineering department by contributing improvements to guidelines, procedures, practices, standards and cross-functional business processes.
- Lead and accountable for the strategic capital projects by managing indirect reports and/or junior engineers through the project life cycle with continued day-to-day management of the projects to construct the most streamlined, efficient method of product distribution possible.
- Design and implement system and process solutions (i.e. handle inventory, process orders, plan warehouse layouts and design product packaging to maximize shipping efficiency) in a timely manner.
- Evaluate all aspects of methods of distribution (supply chain) with the ultimate goal of improving efficiency, thus generating higher profits for the company.
- Manage and coordinate project scheduling by defining the project execution strategies, project planning and scheduling practices, coordination of project activities and schedule change management techniques
- ;Manage and contribute to the development of budgets and business cases supporting both short-range and long-range planning.;
- Manage cost to stay within budget constraints with responsibility for cost estimation, budgeting, forecasting and management of contingency and allowances, cash flow, etc.;
- Deliver key updates (i.e. project schedules, milestones, and budgets) and recommendations to senior leadership and the Supply Chain Network team.
- Effectively communicate innovative processes, project goals or changes and/or results that support the goals of the Supply Chain Network.
- Participate and collaborate in functional and cross functional teams to meet objectives, improve processes, and improve stakeholder satisfaction by developing a lean and process-driven solutions.
- Lead scope development, finalization, scope change management for stakeholder alignment.
- Apply advanced theoretical knowledge and establish new principles and concepts to independently address strategic problems.
- Manages multiple strategic projects and initiatives with a focus on new and innovative ways of doing business.
- Execute successfully;a flawless process improvement projects to support the department’s strategic initiatives.;;
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 10 years experience in related field - Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- Master's Degree preferred
- Technical lead for multiple complex capital projects within high volume manufacturing or warehouse and distribution experience
- Representative of process engineering design, construction and acceptance process
- Advanced user of AutoCAD, MS Office
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas/solutions using well organized, comprehensible written reports, group presentations, and one-on-one interactions
- Demonstrated knowledge of and teacher of lean manufacturing philosophy
- Proficient practitioner of Plan-Do-Check-Act problem solving methodology
- Self-starter capable of excelling in a fast paced, high-energy environment
- Champions self-initiated as well as assigned projects
- Ability to travel up to 50%
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
Office Depot and OfficeMax offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How to Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Office Depot is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Fair Chance OrdinanceWe will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance
Location: Boca Raton, FL, US
Posted Date: 11/24/2019
Click Here to Apply