BEUMER is integrator that manufactures, designs, and installs airport baggage handling systems. Projects range in size from $20-200M. The Pre-construction Estimator is responsible for construction estimating for both the bid and pre-construction phases associated with Design-Bid-Build and Design-Build project delivery methods working with industry leading ICS technology as well as conventional conveyor solutions. This position works directly with Bid Manager, Project Manager, Owner, Design Team and Subcontractors. The Pre-construction Estimator develops construction cost models and estimates for bids and updates throughout the phases of design to support the overall pre-construction effort. Estimates vary for conceptual to full GMP and lump sum bids.
- Work with the Bid Teams domestically and internationally to review all client documentation and define estimating strategy
- Lead bid and project estimating process with designers, project manager, and subcontractors
- Read and fully understand plans, specifications, and bid documents.
- Collaborate with project manager to develop and maintain estimates throughout the design phase
- Integrate with engineering during the design phase to manage the design-cost interface
- Key collaborator for new and existing subcontractor relationships for estimating, bidding, and project award
- Create trade bid packages/scopes of work that align with the project requirements
- Review, evaluate, and negotiate bids from subcontractors
- Prepare costing reports and estimating documents/proposal generation for project team and client presentations
- Conduct quantity take-offs from PDFs, Auto CAD, and Revit models.
- Prepare estimates from take-offs, schematics, and design development documents
- Understand and develop unit costs and the DBE approach for the project
- Assist Sales with preparation of technical proposals as well as delivery of oral presentations
- Attend pre-bid meetings and site walks as required
- Analyze value enrichment ideas vs costs while maintaining project budget
- Participate in risk management analysis
- Maintain historical cost databases
5+ years of construction cost estimating experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Construction Management, Engineering, or Estimating disciplines.
Basic understanding of Auto CAD and Revit
Experience with estimating techniques, preparation of proposals, scheduling, a project management for commercial/industrial construction.
Strong math and analytical skills
Strong communication and problem-solving skills
Ability to work will under pressure with an acute sense of urgency
Highly organized and attention to detail necessary
Ability to work independently and in a group setting
Strong leadership skills
Personable with the ability to develop relationships with clients and subcontractors
Knowledge of unit cost pricing and conceptual estimating
Proficient in Word and Excel
Ability to travel 10-20% of the time
- General Contractor bid process experience
- Understanding of Design-Build project delivery methods
- Baggage Handling System / Conveyor / Material Handling System experience
Commitment Required: Ability to set and meet goals; sincere care for others; desire to win and to be part of a winning team; ability to travel.
BEUMER is an innovative company, where every employee is part of the "family". Because our employees are our most important asset, here are some of benefits we currently offer full-time employees. And by the way, no waiting period, they start when you do:
- We pay 100% of medical & dental premiums for you AND your eligible dependents
- 401k Retirement Plan with a generous match, because we care about your future
- Life Insurance is provided free for all employees
- Generous amount of paid time off
- Long-term disability (yes, we cover that too!)
BEUMER is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under the law.
Experience required: Associate
Click Here to Apply