RK Hall Construction in Amarillo, Texas is seeking a Class A CDL Driver to join our growing team.
RK Hall Construction LTD is a leading provider of high quality asphalt paving materials and services, pavement rehabilitation, grading, and bridge construction in the northeast Texas, southeast Oklahoma and southwest Arkansas area. We have a strong working relationship with the Department of Transportation and Municipal agencies throughout Texas, Oklahoma & Arkansas and perform private and commercial contracts as well. As a division of Summit Materials, we are committed to creating value, providing access to growth capital, implementing best practices, and offer a safe place to work while striving to exceed our environmental and social responsibilities.
At RK Hall Construction LTD we believe in caring for our employees.
We offer exceptional benefits including
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 100% Company Paid Short & Long Term Disability (STD/LTD)
- 401(K) with 100% match up to 4% contribution
- Wellness Program
- Life Insurance
- Competitive pay, based on experience
The Motor Grader Operator is responsible for ensuring safe, efficient and proper operation of various heavy equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities Include but are not limited to the following:
- Drive truck safely and timely to designated locations; check with Dispatcher to determine what time to leave and return.
- Maintain telephone or radio contact with appropriate supervisor to receive delivery instructions.
- Comply with all DOT regulations.
- Make contact with Shop Foreperson when breakdowns occur.
- Maintain truck log according to state and federal regulations.
- Adhere to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations as set forth by the U.S. Department of Transportation.
- Daily inspection of truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Report to the assigned job site in proper attire and ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the policies, Programs & Procedures Manual.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment in designated operations and production areas as stated by OHSA and/or MSHA and company policy. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position; Hard hat, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Reflective Vest, Safety (leather steel toe) Shoes, Respiratory protection, Heat resistant apparel, Fall Protection, and Eye Protection.
- Less than a High School Diploma or up to 6 months related experience/training
- Must have a valid CDL A license.
- RK Hall LLC uses a Fitness for Duty exam to ensure that a prospective employee is capable of safely performing the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization
- Ability to add/subtract 2-digit numbers and multiply/divide by 10’s and 100’s using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
- Ability to sit, bend, kneel, squat, stand, walk, reach and drive for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs regularly
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and extreme heat. The employee frequently works in outside weather conditions and is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Committed to our employees so we can commit to our communities!
Start your career with RK Hall Construction today!
RK Hall Construction LTD and affiliates are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All candidates are subject to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Location: Amarillo, TX, US
Posted Date: 11/22/2019
Click Here to Apply
RK HALL CONSTRUCTION