Family Health Centers at NYU Langone, a designated Level 3 Medical Home, is the largest federally qualified health center network in New York State, and the second largest in the nation. It includes nine primary care sites, 33 school-based health centers and dental clinics, four day care centers, the nation's largest dental residency program, and New York State's largest behavioral health program. The network also includes 12 community medicine sites providing care to disenfranchised New Yorkers, comprehensive HIV services, chemical dependency programs, and a family support center that offers educational, vocational, and other social support programs. Learn more about Family Health Centers at NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Psychiatrist.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for evaluation of patients, diagnosis of illness, overall treatment planning, implementation and follow-up of treatment, and disposition of psychiatric patients, primarily in the outpatient setting but secondarily, on an periodic covering basis, in the hospital setting. Provides psychiatric consultation and supervision to non-medical clinical team and non-psychiatric physicians and physician assistants in these settings. Participates in development of clinical programs and supervision of clinical staff participating in such programs.
- Obtains and maintains buprenorphine prescription privileges as reflected in the special code designation in the DEA certificate.
- Participate in the on-call phone coverage system for after hours and weekend coverage as scheduled by the Medical Director.
- Good citizenship expectations include: accommodating walk-in patients, arriving for office sessions on time and remaining throughout each session, teamwork among the support staff, following FHC
procedures/practice guidelines (e.g., appropriate clinical charting with complete notes and up-to-date, problem and medication lists, timely completion of encounter forms, completing peer chart audits, etc).
- Providers are expected to participate as requested in any and all marketing efforts on the part of the FHC Network and LMC to promote each providers and his/her practice.
- Providers are expected to complete initial applications, and then, as requested, subsequent re-credentialing applications to insurance carriers and managed care plans on a timely basis.
- Demonstrates communication skills necessary to interpret age specific responses to treatment.
- Demonstrates ability to provide and interpret age specific data.
- Demonstrates knowledge of growth and development.
- Assimilates core values, compassion, dignity and integrity in service.
- Provides emergency consultation and treatment in ambulatory settings as appropriate and necessary.
- Provides coverage for other psychiatrists during absences or within working hours.
- Completes encounter forms regularly, in a timely manner as determined by the supervisor, and deposits in the designated area.
- Complies with all Safety and Infection Control standards applied to that position.
- Maintains continuing medical education activity in accordance with standards of the profession and requirements of the Department/institution.
- Participates in teaching of medical students and residents and attends related conferences.
- Participates in continuing activities to insure maintenance of standards for licensing and certification (in the interest of both personal and institutional goals).
- Participates in performance improvement and quality assurance activities and related meetings.
- Maintains required documentation in medical records of all clinical activities, within standards of community practice, generally accepted treatment guidelines, and requirements of the overall institution.
- Assumes responsibilities for completion of medical records and for content of psychiatric records forwarded to other clinicians, treatment centers, hospitals, licensing agencies, insurance companies, or legal entities.
- Makes referral to extramural institutions and agencies for services needed by the patient that cannot be provided intramurally. Contacts emergency rooms and inpatient services to which patients have been referred, to insure continuity of care. Receives calls from the same in the interest of conveying information regarding patient care. Information is shared in compliance State and Federal with rules of confidentiality.
- Makes referral to psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, nurse practitioners, substance abuse counselors, non-psychiatric physicians, physician assistants and others for inpatient and outpatient services needed by the patient and appropriately managed by other specialists.
- Participates with a treatment team that provides comprehensive, individualized care to a patient and family, incorporating modalities of psychological assessment and treatment, social work assessment and intervention, creative arts therapy, substance abuse counseling, and medical care.
- Provides clinical supervision of non-medical clinical staff and provides clinical guidance in formulation of treatment plan for patients for whom clinical responsibilities are shared with non-medical clinical staff.
- Provides psychiatric care to adolescent and adult patients
- Provides on-going treatment to patients utilizing pharmacotherapy, various forms of short term individual psychotherapy, group therapy, and other proven and accepted modalities of treatment. Possesses competence in psychopharmacologic treatment and is judicious in prescribing medication and managing and documenting adverse reactions.
- As physician of record, provides initial diagnostic evaluation of patients, formulates diagnosis, makes recommendations for treatment approach and initiates the implementation of the same in treatment of patients in the outpatient setting.
- M.D. degree/completed an A.C.G.M.E. approved residency approved program in Psychiatry.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
Family Health Centers at NYU Langone's network provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
Family Health Centers at NYU Langone is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view Family Health Centers at NYU Langone's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
Responsible for evaluation of patients, diagnosis of illness, overall treatment planning, implementation and follow-up of treatment, and disposition of psychiatric patients, primarily in the outpatient setting but secondarily, on an periodic covering basis, in the hospital setting. Provides psychiatric consultation and supervision to non-medical clinical team and non-psychiatric physicians and physician assistants in these settings. Participates in development of clinical programs and supervision of clinical staff participating in such programs.
M.D. degree/completed an A.C.G.M.E. approved residency approved program in Psychiatry.
Location: Brooklyn, NY, US
Posted Date: 11/19/2019
Click Here to Apply
NYU Langone Medical Center