Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Independently drives the development, implementation and management of the compliance program, including policy, process, training, communication, programs and systems for the Market Access and Patient Services teams.
- Serves as a Compliance subject matter expert and partners withMarket Access and Patient Services leadership to set the strategic tone and align tactical direction for the organization;
- Develops targeted guidance, policies and training to address Market Access and Patient Services needs;
- Supports key strategic approaches for compliance across Market Access and Patient Services, with a particular focus on the following:
- National and regional accounts,
- Channel strategy and accounts
- Field Reimbursement Managers
- Payor marketing
- Pricing and access strategy
- Specialty pharmacy,payor and distributor contracting
- HUB and reimbursement services
- Patient data and privacy
- Co-pay cards and other access tools
- Vaccination, genetic/lab testing and other similar programs
- Diagnostics strategy and implementation
- Home infusion
- Specialty pharmacy data services
- Nurse Educators and other Nurse-based services
- Provides change management and cultural leadership to the Market Access and Patient Services organizations through the continued implementation and maturation of the Alexion compliance program;
- Assists VP, U.S. & Enterprise Compliance in the maintenance of the U.S. Compliance Committee;
- Supports Alexion’s integration of the global anti-bribery/anti-corruption compliance program into all these functional areas;
- Serves as partner for compliance investigations and audits. Develops appropriate responses to investigations and audits, including remedial measures. Collaborates across departments to enhance, from an ethics and compliance perspective, business operations;
- Analyzes internal and external ethics and compliance developments and implements responses to these developments which enhance the global ethics and compliance program;
- Performs monitoring activities of conferences and other medical activities;
- Develops formal and informal communications to deliver compliance program key messages and build integrity culture;
- Maintains updated understanding of requirements around DOJ and OIG reporting requirements; appropriate knowledge of guidelines under which Market Access and Patient Services colleagues can operate;
- Monitors the external environment to ensure the implementation of external best practices as well as to respond to future business, ethics and compliance developments;
- Minimum of 12 years experience in the pharmaceutical industry in a compliance, legal or regulatory related role or experience in a consulting firm working with clients on compliance programs.
- Deep knowledge of Pharmaceutical industry regulations.
- Expertise in the U.S. Biotechnology / Pharmaceutical industry and therapeutic areas, as well as the nuances of the business culture that impact business processes and compliance.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated track record and ability to drive results as an effective a team member and leader.
- Proven ability to consultant and advise, demonstrating both compliance and commercial acumen.
- Strong sense of ethics and responsibility.
- Ability to travel as required to meet business need.
- Law degree strongly preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other leaders, and with external partners.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing conditions.
Boston, MA, United States
Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime - like a job where you have the extraordinary opportunity to change lives. At Alexion, such opportunities arise through our unwavering mission to serve patients and families affected by rare diseases. These patients are our guiding star, and we act with integrity, urgency, and discipline because we know their lives are at stake.
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients and families affected by rare diseases through the discovery, development and commercialization of life-changing therapies. As the global leader in complement biology and inhibition for more than 20 years, Alexion has developed and commercializes the first and only approved complement inhibitor to treat patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH), atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), and anti-acetylcholine receptor (AchR) antibody-positive generalized myasthenia gravis (gMG). Alexion also has two highly innovative enzyme replacement therapies for patients with life-threatening and ultra-rare metabolic disorders, hypophosphatasia (HPP) and lysosomal acid lipase deficiency (LAL-D). In addition, the company is developing two late-stage therapies, a second complement inhibitor and a copper-binding agent for Wilson disease. Alexion focuses its research efforts on novel molecules and targets in the complement cascade and its development efforts on the core therapeutic areas of hematology, nephrology, neurology, and metabolic disorders. Alexion has been named to the Forbes list of the World's Most Innovative Companies seven years in a row and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts' Innovation District. The company also has offices around the globe and serves patients in more than 50 countries.
Alexion's aspiration is to be the most rewarding place to work, where people are empowered to make a difference and where diversity of backgrounds and ideas is encouraged. We are looking for talented individuals who share our passion and commitment to change the lives of patients with rare diseases. We hope you will consider joining our team. Further information about Alexion can be found at: www.alexion.com.
As a leading employer in our industry, Alexion is proud to offer a highly competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more.
Location: Boston, MA, US
Posted Date: 11/15/2019
Click Here to Apply