The Mill Bay Material Handler is responsible for off-loading the beam line, distributing work to welders, stacking finished beams and occasional cleaning (surface preparation), along with Crane Operations. This requires the use of judgment to plan, perform and make decisions as to the sequence of set-ups, operations and processes within the limitations of recognized or standard methods and procedures. Must have the ability to read and understand work instructions, assignments, drawings and reference material and be able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Transports raw materials, supplies, products and/or finished goods to and from storage or production lines and places them in designated area
- Completes all necessary paperwork and transactions, including scanning requirements
- Actively participates in continuous improvement and corrective action activities
- Perform housekeeping, 5-S, and other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Attain ACT WorkKeys Assessment at certified job profile skill level
- 3+ months of experience operating mobile equipment in a manufacturing or shipping environment
- Mobile equipment certification
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Experience required: Not Applicable
Click Here to Apply