The Machine Operator 2 works independently and uses judgement to fabricate material using complex machinery. The Machine Operator 2 reads and interprets blueprints and diagrams and operates a variety of equipment involved in daily manufacturing processes. The Machine Operator 2 performs computer downloads containing specifications that direct the machine to operate efficiently.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Observe machine during operation to monitor quality of finished product and/or material issues, adjusting machine as necessary
- Download or generate computer programs to direct machine for proper operation and specification for job as needed.
- Set up and operate machines with proper tooling and consumables for current job needs
- Maintain material reporting and plan best material usage to maximize finished products with least amount of raw material used
- Use lifting devices such as cranes, forklifts or other equipment to place materials/parts where needed
- Use measuring tools such as tape measure, calipers, micrometers, etc. to perform First Piece Inspection and other quality checks before, during and after production to confirm material and/or product meets specifications
- Actively participates in continuous improvement and corrective action activities
- Perform housekeeping, 5-S, and other duties as assigned
**3rd Shift Position
Minimum Education & Experience Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent, or attain ACT WorkKeys Assessment at certified job profile skill level
- 6 months of relevant experience
Preferred Education & Experience Qualifications
- Certificate from technical school or 6 additional months of relevant experience and/or training in computerized numerically controlled (CNC) machine operations
- 1 year of experience in computer-controlled machine operation
Technical Skills & Competencies
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions and make decisions based on them
- Capable of watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly
- Ability to evaluate a variety of large equipment and make necessary adjustments to ensure proper operation of machine
- Excellent communication skills
- Mobile equipment and crane operation skills
- Knowledge of raw materials sizes, production processes, quality control, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of gods
- Knowledge of machines and tools, general operation, repair, and maintenance
- Good computer skills including a working knowledge of manufacturing software
- Mathematics ability
- Ability to read blueprints
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Experience required: Entry Level
Click Here to Apply