Under general supervision, the Production Painter applies industrial paint finishes onto metal products through spray gun or dip tank application.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Load, feed, and unload material through paint process
- Operate spray painter gun or dip tank to apply industrial paint finish on material
- Select appropriate paint coatings and set up equipment to paint material
- Clean and maintain paint application equipment and machines
- Complete quality checks to ensure the correct thickness of paint is properly applied to material throughout the process and touch up as needed
- Ensure materials are properly labeled and scanned upon exiting paint line
- Actively participates in continuous improvement and corrective action activities
- Perform housekeeping, 5-S, and other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent, or attain ACT WorkKeys Assessment at certified job profile skill level
- One year of experience in a manufacturing facility
- One year of experience with industrial paint coatings
Skills & Competencies:
- Basic computer skills
- Flexibility to learn and perform every job in the paint line area as needed
- Ability to work well within a team
- Ability to monitor processes to determine if all machines are working properly including watching gauges, dials, or other indicators
- Capable of conducting test and inspections to evaluate quality of paint process
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Experience required: Entry Level
Click Here to Apply