Hospice Nurse Practitioner Position in Pittsfield, MA
A New Opportunity to join our dynamic hospice team!
The Nurse Practitioner is responsible for serving as a representative of the organization supporting both hospice and non-hospice patients within the service area of the agency. As care manager for the Palliative Care Consult service, the NP will develop and conduct a consultative process for area providers and facilities on issues of pain and symptom management and goals of care for patients with serious and advanced illness in the community.
- Demonstrates understanding of the hospice and palliative care philosophy/principles and an ability to clearly articulate these with others.
- Performs Face-to-Face encounters with hospice patients within standard time frame to identify/monitor existing or potential health problems and gather findings to help determine continued eligibility for hospice care.
- Responds to PCCS referrals within timeframe of standards.
- Evaluates patients in assigned settings including, but not limited to, a patient’s home, nursing home, hospital, or assisted living facility.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates appropriate plan of care in collaboration with patient/family with goals and interventions that promote optimal patient outcomes while maintaining patient dignity, autonomy and comfort. Coordinates other palliative care team members as appropriate.
- Maintains regular communication with fiscal staff and third party case managers and reviewers as needed to secure reimbursement for needed palliative care to patients and families. Provides fiscally responsible care without compromising care and services.
- Manages multiple priorities and demonstrates effective problem solving and decision-making in a relatively broad range of situations. May formulate independent decisions regarding practice standards as promulgated by relevant organizations including the American Nurses Association, the Hospice and Palliative Care Nurses Association, and the American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Care Medicine in conformance with established policies and procedures of the Palliative Care Consultation Service as outline for each participating organization
- Registered Nurse, and MS in nursing required
- Possesses and maintains current CPR Certification.
- Current Massachusetts licensure: Registered Nurse, certified as an Adult or Family Nurse Practitioner
- Valid driver’s license
- Advanced certification in Palliative Care preferred
- Minimum of three (3) year's experience in health care.
- Experience in a hospice, homecare or Long Term Care preferred.
- Experience in acute care in an institutional setting preferred.
- Understands palliative care and hospice philosophy, and issues of death/dying.
- Familiar with and practices according to Massachusetts Regulations Governing the Practice of Nursing in the Expanded Role CMR 244, 4.00-4.28
We offer competitive wages and an attractive benefits package, including:
- Low-cost, high-quality health and dental insurance
- Generous time-off program
- Competitive wages
- Career advancement opportunities
- Nonprofit, patient-centered work environment
- Flexible work schedules
- 403(b) retirement plan
- No-cost life and accidental death insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
Submit cover letter & resume to:
HR Director, HospiceCare in the Berkshires, Inc.
877 South St. Ste. 1W
Pittsfield, MA 01201
Location: Albany, NY, US
Posted Date: 9/6/2019
Click Here to Apply
HospiceCare in the Berkshires Inc.