Nurse will support a student with 1:1 RN needs for a tracheostomy. Nurse will travel to and from school with student on school provided transportation. In addition to treating and supporting this student and maintaining health records, the Nurse functions as the primary contact person for all health-related issues with this student. In this role, the Nurse must be able to communicate effectively with students, teachers, and families.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES (including, but not limited to):
- Daily Student Health Needs:
- Meets all health-related concerns for student
- Provides daily, individual care to student
- Manages daily medications required by student
- Advises the Director of Operations and other school staff as needed regarding initiatives, processes, and systems necessary to ensure a healthy school community
- Creates a comforting and nurturing environment for student
- Drafts communications as needed for pertinent health concerns applicable to the school community
- Immediately communicates suspicion of neglect or abuse to school leaders, including proposed plan of action
- Provides regular updates to school leaders regarding conversations with outside doctors and insurance agents as it relates to ongoing and previous claims
- Effectively maintains supply inventory with advance warning provided for items that need to be ordered
- Maintains student health equipment
- Keeps an organized work area
- Participates in necessary student health events that may occur on non-school days, e.g., New Student Registration
Valid license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Massachusetts
Full-time experience as a Registered Nurse in a child health, community health, or other relevant clinical nursing setting preferred
Must have tracheostomy experience
Completion of an orientation program based on the requirements for delivery of school health services as defined by the Department of Public Health
Certification in CPR, including AED training
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel
Maturity and ability to work independently
Outstanding communication skills and strong interpersonal skills with students, parents, colleagues and community members
Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines
Prior experience working in schools and/or urban communities preferred
Belief in and alignment with Uncommon’s core beliefs and educational philosophy is non-negotiable.
We offer a generous compensation package. All staff members are equipped with the tools needed to succeed, including a dedicated work space, laptop computer, email, high-speed internet access, and all necessary supplies.
If you are passionate about improving educational opportunities for historically underserved children and communities, please visit our website at www.uncommonschools.org. If you are interested in applying, please send an updated resume and cover letter to Rhett Smith (email@example.com).
The foregoing information is requested for mandatory government reporting purposes only. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by applicable law.
Experience required: Entry Level
You may click here to apply for this job at SmartRecruiters.
Uncommon Schools Roxbury Prep