Company SummaryJoin our team! As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American Title Insurance Company (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. First American Title’s Mortgage Solutions division provides lenders with solutions to originate, close and service quality loans. We believe that our people are the key to the company’s continued success. Because our employees enable our future, we invest in theirs by supporting their careers and promoting their overall wellbeing. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2018 list for the third consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, visit www.firstam.com/mortgagesolutions/.
Conducts an unbiased and impartial assessment of market areas, statistics, and other pertinent information regarding specific properties, analyzes data, and develops an estimate of property value in accordance with government, company, regulatory board, and client specific guidelines.
- Documents on-site assessments with photographs, measurements, similar sales values, and demographic information.
- Draws land diagrams and other visual documentation.
- Considers all factors that could influence property value including land, neighborhoods, trends, future community changes, shopping centers, schools, parks, etc. This also includes the construction, condition, special features and functional design.
- Generates fee quotes.
- Presents final evaluations and property value estimates to home buyers, sellers, investors, creditors, leasing and real estate agents.
- Partners with Lead Appraiser to resolve ongoing requests and make process improvement recommendations to eliminate addendums and quality control rejections.
- Participates in monthly Appraiser meeting.
- Meets all department turn time expectations and proactively escalates appropriately if timeframes are unable to be met.
- Assignments are routine in nature and instructions are more detailed.
- Has minimal latitude for un-reviewed action or decision.
Supervision Received or Extended
- Work under close supervision applying well established techniques, procedures or specific standards.
- Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall accuracy.
- No responsibility for the supervision of others.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Ability to work within varying client-driven deadlines
- Exceptional analytical and narrative writing skills
- Ability to analyze data, draw sound conclusions and summarize results
- Detail oriented and self-motivated
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, accurate environment
- Must have good communication skills, both written and verbal, and must be able to deliver a clear and understandable message to a variety of audiences including appraisers, vendors and operational staff
- Good organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and follow u
- ACI software
- Bachelor's Degree required
Typical Range of Experience
- Typically requires 0-1 years of related experience with a mortgage and/or appraisal company
- Preferred experience in REO appraisals
- HUD/FHA experience
License or Certification
- Active Appraiser license or certification as required by state’s regulatory agency
Location: Austin, TX, US
Posted Date: 7/30/2019
Click Here to Apply