Rooms To Go is looking for a talented and energetic candidate with a passion for Quality Assurance and Compliance. You will be involved with product from the SKU creation phase to the delivery at the warehouse phase. This includes classifications, regulatory checks, FCC, GCC and ISF filling. You must be able to make compliant business decisions in a fast-paced environment. Knowledge of government and state regulations a plus. This position has substantial involvement with cross functional areas such as Product Development, Sourcing, Operations, Legal and Transportation along with direct involvement with vendors domestically and abroad.
What you will do:
- Maintain up-to-date regulatory materials relating to CBP laws, regulations, and requirements applicable to the company imports
- Verify all documentation is submitted and in order, Including factory/agent information
- Contact Vendor/Agent/Factory for missing documentation, information or instructions necessary to release a shipment
- Liaison with Buyers and Vendors to ensure that all documentation requirements are identified with product
- Develop/verify procedures to ensure compliance with other laws applicable to imported merchandise, including those relating to admissibility, such as marking and labeling.
- Provide technical expertise and training to Rooms To Go's associates on trade compliance matters. Monitor and communicate trade compliance updates/ changes and develop recommendations for business decisions
- Maintain continuous training to keep current with changing trade compliance policies. This may include attending seminars and conferences.
- Assist with continued development of Service-Now application for compliance certification.
- Work closely with internal Customs to ensure product flow.
- Some travel
- Four-year college degree plus one to two years of progressively responsible experience in trade compliance. Or if hired or promoted based on experience, two to three years of progressively responsible experience in trade compliance.
- Knowledge of Customs regulations, FCC, GCC, ISF and Lacey Act is preferred
- Professional communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to make compliant business decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Analytical, problem-solving skills, good attention to detail a must
- Proficient in Excel
Must have the ability to produce quality related reports and documents accurately and timely, and to work effectively within a large organization. Requires the ability to organize and prioritize multiple objectives, to integrate changing processes and procedures, and to manage time and resources effectively in a fast-paced environment.
Click Here to Apply
Rooms To Go