Our ISO Claims Partners business in North Reading, MA is seeking Medical Analysts with experience in reviewing medical treatment related to injury claims. This includes experience in medical reviews or utilization reviews, preparing chronologies, analyzing treatment in medical claims and medical bill reviews. Experience in reviews on behalf of insurance carriers or defense counsel is a plus. Strong writing skills, analysis skills and application of guidelines are required for this position. Medical Analysts will work closely with our attorneys and other members of the medical team to prepare chronologies and provide an analysis of treatment/medical bills for appropriateness under medical guidelines and standards.
About the Day to Day Responsibilities of the Role
• Through a review of relevant medical files and related documentation, provides a chronology, analysis and medical bill review and cost projection for injuries cases consistent with the current guidelines
• Collaborates with a team of attorneys and medical professionals in identifying mitigating issues for injury claims
• Uses ISO Claims Partners proprietary information technology tools to identify diagnoses and treatment guidelines when applicable
• Provides additional professional analysis and recommendations as needed
• This is a full-time position, but additional hours may be required during peak time
• Occasional travel (<10% of the time)
About You and How You Can Excel in This Role
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 3-5 years’ experience
• RN license in good standing with the applicable Board of Nursing
• Experience in preparing medical review reports, medical bill reviews and utilization reviews in injury cases
• Certification in any of the following, including but not limited to: Rehabilitation Counseling, Disability Management, Utilization Review, Life Care Planning, Medical Coding, Legal Nurse Consulting and Case Management a plus
• Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills including report preparation preferred
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team
• Ability to gather data, compile and synthesize information, including medical information, claims payment histories and billing, to identify level and types of services utilization
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Experience required: Mid-Senior Level
You may click here to apply for this job at SmartRecruiters.