Who Are We?
We are America’s Elite Technical Services Company providing superior field expertise in the Electrical and Communication Industries without compromising on quality and safety. At Velex, our business success depends on our people. Our employees receive the most comprehensive training using a high-tech process and state-of-the-art safety equipment as well as competitive pay with full benefits. We take enormous pride in creating a working environment where safety is paramount and encourages innovation and teamwork.
Who We're Looking For:
Velex is currently looking for a Journeyman Electrician to join our growing team in the Hamilton, NJ / Greater Philadelphia area. The Journeyman Electrician is responsible for electrical and communication installations, troubleshooting and maintenance through well-versed knowledge of the National Electric Code (NEC).
What You’ll Do:
- Maintain, repair and install electrical and communication systems, services and equipment
- Layout and install conduit systems, various lighting systems, and basic control systems
- Install motor feeders and make standard motor connections
- Effectively analyze blueprints for job site knowledge
- Analyze upcoming tasks and anticipate equipment, procedures and training
- Opportunity to lead small crews (2-5 electricians)
The Qualities You Possess:
- Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Being a team player in the truest sense, with an ability to develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals. Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Excellent customer relations through utilization of effective problem-solving techniques
- Demonstrate the ability to complete a job layout for projects of various scopes and sizes
- Enforce a safe job site and maintain compliance with company safety, OSHA and customer-specific safety standards
- Valid Journeyman Electrician’s License
- Valid US driver’s license and the ability to pass a DOT physical
- Knowledge of electrical circuits and operating principles of motors
- Knowledge of local electrical codes
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and written reference material
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations
- Ability to diagnose and resolve problems
- Ability to use hand and power tools
- Must be able to sit, stand, kneel, or stoop for extended periods of time.
- Must be physically capable of lifting and carrying up to 80 lbs.
- Must have accurate hearing, speech, vision, and color recognition.
- Must be capable of working in extreme hot and cold temperatures
- Travel Requirements: Must be available to travel as needed within the market and for periodic air travel
- Flexible to work shift work to include maintenance window and weekends if needed
- Good oral and written communications skills and the ability to speak, write and read English
Experience required: Not Applicable
You may click here to apply for this job at SmartRecruiters.