The Construction Crew Lead assists the Crew Foreman in constructing quality building projects that are profitable and provide a positive construction experience for the customer. This position helps create a construction team that promotes a positive attitude, develops an atmosphere for setting and meeting goals and strives to achieve company objectives. This position offers the potential for career advancement.
- Keep current with and apply the Morton Buildings' safety and construction procedures, methods, and standards to every building
- Read, understand and build according to construction plans
- The Lead efficiently executes tasks needed to complete a quality building including but not limited to: digging and installing footings, framing walls and roof structures, installing windows, entry and other doors and door openings, installing various siding and roofing materials including hi-rib steel, shingles, wood and other siding materials and mortarless masonry units, finishing with metal and wood trims
- Provide the construction expertise, organizational and communication skills necessary to complete quality building projects profitably
- The Lead, in addition to the Crew Foreman, provides leadership for the crew in all aspects of the building construction process
- Assist in the technical training and re-training of crew members, including new hires, to ensure they are fully trained and follow all safety and construction procedures
- Assist in establishing healthy workplace environments that are safe, organized, productive and enjoyable
- Help promote an atmosphere of dignity and respect among fellow employees, customers, suppliers, and sub-contractors
- Help create a positive team that enthusiastically works to achieve the objectives of the crew, the local construction center and the entire company.
- The Lead assists in ensuring a positive construction experience for the customer
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in building construction is required
- Carpentry, framing, post-frame construction, or equivalent experience is preferred
- Applicant must hold a Class A CDL license or be able to obtain one within 6 months of being hired
- Desire to obtain OSHA 10-hour, Equipment Operation and Competent Person Certifications once hired
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and provide leadership
- Participate in and lead our formal training programs
- Ability to measure human productivity and improve effectiveness
- Embrace accountability and ownership
- Demonstrated organizational and planning skills
- Available to work a flexible schedule (6am to 6pm) that will include Saturdays during peak construction periods
- Ability to take direction
- Produce quality work in an efficient manner
- Agree to comply with all of our safety processes and procedures
- Willingness to maintain and operate construction tools in a safe and proper manner
- Ability to operate specialized safety equipment efficiently and effectively
- Standard weight lifting requirements - 50 pounds, with occasional lifting up to 100 pounds
- Capable of working in a physically demanding environment and at various heights (up to 40 feet)
- Possess good communication skills - both written and verbal
- Possession of a valid Driver's License is preferred
- High School diploma or GED equivalent is preferred
- This position requires 25% travel, which includes overnight travel possibly up to two weeks at a time.
- Excellent medical/dental/prescription coverage
- Life Insurance
- Bonus incentives for building in efficient manner
- Training bonus
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick time
- Bad weather pay
- 401K Opportunity
- ESOP Retirement Program in which you become an owner of the company
Salary is $19.00 to $21.50 per hour based on experience plus bonus potential.
Morton Buildings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace. All candidates offered employment will be subject to a pre-placement test which does include a physical and drug screen.
Experience required: Entry Level
You may click here to apply for this job at SmartRecruiters.