A Fresh Approach to Great Results.
At FLIK Hospitality Group we believe in great food, great service, and great people. As a leading corporate dining and hospitality company, we provide quality and nutritious meals with a wellness-first approach, reception services, and property management to over 800 locations nationwide. From respected law firms, financial institutions, professional athletics teams, K-12 independent schools, hotels and conference centers, and more, our approach to hospitality is rooted in our dedication to providing quality service to each and every one of our guests. We believe in seasonality in sourcing our ingredients and providing a customized approach to the culinary and hospitality needs of each client; our wellness first approach ensures our food supports healthy and delicious choices. Join our team today!
Come Work Where Texas Meets the World
We’re looking for enthusiastic and hard-working people to join our team! We are an independent and award-winning hotel and conference center owned by The University of Texas at Austin with great offerings for the next step in your career. Come join our fast-paced environment and friendly team in Downtown Austin.
Our guests may be here for a conference, dining, special occasion or a place to stay, the AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center meets every need with world-class attention to detail.
Steps from UT and the Capitol, the Center offers stylish and comfortable accommodations for business travelers, festival attendees, Austin sightseers and more. You’ll appreciate the convenience — and you’ll love our Texas hospitality.
- Represent hotel by soliciting, responding to and negotiating with persons requiring group accommodations with or without meeting space and/or on-site catering, based upon market segment and account files assigned by the Director of Sales
- Represent property in significant interactions dealing with customers relative to sales and operational questions, concerns, and issues.
- Negotiate contracts with customers and commission agreements with third party agencies.
- Initiate the preparation of proposals and/or contracts to advise prospective customers primarily of the guest rooms, meeting space and/or banquet date, space and rate availability. Develop and quote prices for same.
- Engage in outside sales activities to discuss business opportunities and entertain customers in local and assigned markets (percentage of travel dependent on specific market).
- Direct site visits and H.O.S.T. programs for respective accounts and participates in tradeshows, industry and customer events.
- Attend weekly sales departmental meeting and other scheduled meetings to support business operations, e.g., tentative review, lost business review, group-pick up, etc.
- Conduct site inspections with potential customers, visiting guest rooms, meeting space and banquet facilities, as well as other property facilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Hotel Management, Business Administration, Marketing or Communications preferred
- Minimum of 2 years experience in conference center or hotel sales
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and juggle many tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of office technology/equipment.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively in stressful situations.
- Exceptional client service skills to exceed expectations
- Punctual, dependable and dedicated to achieving operational excellence, down to the smallest of details
- Discreet, ethical and committed to maintaining a high degree of confidentiality
- Excelling as a team member, with a passion for delivering the Platinum Service® standard and focused on total customer satisfaction
- Maintaining a consistently professional approach, with a willingness to take ownership and responsibility both within and outside one’s job domain.
- A college graduate with two years of conference planning experience in a conference center or corporate environment
Apply to Flik today!
Flik is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 261183
AMY S MILLER
Location: Austin, TX, US
Posted Date: 3/22/2019
Click Here to Apply