Electrical Supervisor II
Employee Type: Salary
Positions Open: 1
Site Name: Mission Mine
Site Location: Sahuarita, US-AZ, 85629
Plan, direct and supervise the work of the Electrical and Instrumentation Maintenance staff in maintaining a wide variety of electrical, controls, motors and instrumentation equipment throughout the Mining and Milling operations and support facilities. Effectively maintain the plant electrical systems to consistently support budgeted production goals and operations.
• Provide direction and supervision of department maintenance personnel; inspect and review the work of subordinates.
• Develop, prioritize and implement both scheduled and unplanned maintenance activities.
• Coordinate and emphasize a preventive maintenance program; including order supplies and necessary materials.
• Monitor and ensure safe work practices and safety compliance within department personnel; develop safe work practices and procedures; emphasize and promote an attitude of safe and proper work practices within the department.
• Communicate with production and other maintenance department supervision on a daily basis to effectively prioritize tasks and provide feedback on work requirements and progress.
• Provide technical skills and knowledge to assist in timely and competent troubleshooting and repairs to equipment.
• Instruct and oversee training and development of junior level electricians to journey level.
• Perform safety and environmental inspections and maintain records as required for regulating agencies and company policies.
• Coordinate and oversee new installation and project work; including developing and order necessary supplies, materials and equipment.
• Assist in monitoring and controlling department budget costs, electrical repairs and maintenance costs within the operating budgets.
• Coordinate and oversee onsite contractors in performance of maintenance work and projects.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to effectively supervise and direct journey level electricians and instrument technicians in a unionized environment.
• Knowledge of safe electrical work practices and procedures.
• Ability to operate electrical and electronic test equipment.
• Capability to logically diagnose electrical problems and perform troubleshooting with sound, effective methodology.
• Ability to diagnose problems and troubleshoot PLC based electrical controls.
• Knowledge of electrical protective relaying applications and maintenance.
• Ability to provide effective oral and written communications.
• Basic computer skills and knowledge of MS Windows, MS Word, MS Outlook and MS Excel.
Education and Experience
• Five years’ experience as a front-line electrical supervisor within the mining industry or other heavy industry.
• Demonstrated performance and experience as a journey level electrician in the mining industry or other heavy industry.
• Experienced with safely operating and maintaining power distribution circuits and equipment through 13.8kV and medium voltage motor control.
• Formal training and first-hand experience in programming and maintenance of industrial PLC’s, preferably Allen-Bradley.
• Associate Degree from an accredited college or vocational/technical school in an electrical technical field is desirable, but not required.
A core value of ASARCO LLC is “Safety First.” The Company is committed to help employees continuously improve their efforts to work in the most safe, inclusive, socially and environmentally responsible manner practicable. Employee safety and health, both on and off the job, are critically important to the Company. Therefore, ASARCO LLC requires employees to have and effectively demonstrate good working knowledge of modern safety systems. Each employee will take prime responsibility for ensuring that s/he works within all required safety procedures and processes.
ASARCO LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must possess a current and valid driver’s license. Offers of employment are contingent upon a successful criminal background check and pre-employment physical including a drug screen.
ASARCO LLC offers an excellent low cost benefits package for medical/prescription/ dental/vision, disability coverage, life insurance and other optional coverage, and 401(k) plan with company match.
Location: Sahuarita, Arizona, US
Posted Date: 2/10/2024