H&K does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veterans' status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are always looking for the best, most qualified people to join our team.
Pre-employment drug testing (EOE)
Great Benefits offered!
Job ID: 2023-2296
Type: Regular Full-Time
Hazleton Division of the H&K Group, Inc., is looking for a Site Superintendent to direct activities of workers concerned with construction of highways, pipelines, or other construction projects. The ideal candidate is safety focused, an effective communicator, understands the technical aspects of the job, and experienced in leading and building teams.
Why work for H&K Group, Inc.?
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- 100% Company-paid Health Benefits
- 401(k) Savings and Investment Plan
- Tuition reimbursement programs available to qualifying employees for approved programs
- Additional training opportunities including on the job, online through the H&K Academy, manufacturer offered training, and more
- Company provided vehicle to meet job responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs all work according to OSHA/MSHA and H&K Safety policies
- Studies specifications to plan procedures for construction on basis of starting and completion times and staffing requirements for each phase of paving project
- Assembles members of organization (supervisory, clerical, engineering, and other workers) at start of project
- Orders procurement of tools and materials to be delivered at specified times to conform to work schedules
- Confers with and directs supervisory personnel and subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays
- Confers with supervisory personnel and labor representatives to resolve complaints and grievances within work force
- Confers with supervisory and engineering personnel and inspectors and suppliers of tools and materials to resolve construction problems and improve construction methods
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules
- Prepares or reviews reports on progress, materials used and costs, and adjusts work schedules as indicated by reports
- Directs workers concerned with major maintenance or reconditioning projects for existing installations
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills, Education, and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent (such as the GED) from an accredited educational institution OR 3 years of related experience and/or training
- A combination of education and experience may be considered
- Valid driver’s license
- Clean Driving record
- Experience operating heavy equipment, especially milling machine, paving machine, roller, etc.
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Problem solving and priority setting skills
- Composure and conflict resolution skills
- Basic internet and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) skills
- Ability to fit test & utilize appropriate PPE as needed
- Ability to meet physical requirements (movement, lifting, as relevant to job)
Preferred Skills, Education, and Experience
- Supervisory experience
- OSHA or other relevant safety certificates
- Experience in heavy civil and highway construction
- Regularly required to stand, walk, climb, balance, bend, and stoop
- Frequently sit, climb
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
- Specific vision requirements include distance, peripheral, and depth perception
- Regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions and extreme heat
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration
- Regularly exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles
- Noise level is usually loud
The H&K Group, Inc. provides complete heavy civil contracting and construction materials solutions with safety, speed, quality, efficiency, and value. Beginning as a small family business a half century ago, we are now a dynamic group of vertically integrated companies that has been growing and prospering for over 50 years.
Thank you for your interest in employment with H&K Group, Inc. At H&K, we invest in our people, providing the essential training, instruction, and supervisory support that they need to develop and grow within our company. We acknowledge that H&K’s strength and success is directly related to our employees and the talents, dedication, and job performance they exemplify. We seek dynamic, motivated people who are driven to make a difference.
H&K does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veterans’ status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are always looking for the best, most qualified people to join our team.
Pre-employment drug testing (EOE)
100% Company-Paid Health Benefits!
Location: Hazleton, Pennsylvania, US
Posted Date: 2/3/2024
The H&K Group