H&K does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veterans' status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are always looking for the best, most qualified people to join our team.
Pre-employment drug testing (EOE)
Great Benefits offered!
Construction Safety Specialist
Job ID: 2023-2301
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
Pikes Creek Division Remote Office
The H&K Group, Inc. is seeking an experienced and motivated Heavy Civil & Highway Construction Safety Specialist to support heavy civil, highway construction projects throughout Northeastern Pennsylvania. The Construction Safety Generalist carries out safety supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws and will oversee and supervise job sites throughout the jurisdiction, currently including Susquehanna, Lackawanna, and Luzerne Counties, PA, or as assigned based on the needs of the business.
Why work for H&K Group, Inc.?
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- 100% Company-paid Health Benefits
- 401(k) Savings and Investment Plan
- Tuition reimbursement programs available to qualifying employees for approved programs
- Company provided on-the-job transportation to meet job responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspects organization facilities to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards and recommends corrective or preventative measures where indicated
- Conducts and participates in the investigation of accidents, injuries, and vandalism in all company divisions and affiliates and develops preventive measures for the future
- Compiles and submits accident reports required by regulatory agencies
- Develops, organizes, conducts, assists, and coordinates training programs which will increase proficiency in safe practices and promote safety consciousness
- Conduct and oversee regulatory compliance inspections with OSHA Labor & Industry
- Assists employees in company drug and alcohol program
- Maintains safety files and records
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in in the environmental health and safety, physical sciences, or other relevant programs with a focus on environment, health, and safety from an accredited educational institution AND/OR comparable experience in a safety role in the heavy civil construction industry
- At least 2 years of relevant safety/environmental experience in the heavy civil construction industry
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Presentation and public/group speaking
- Ability to perform various mathematical activities to compute rate, ration, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs
- Ability to read and interpret regulation, plans, and construction drawings
- Ability to adapt and meet deadlines and respond to changing variables
- Ability to problem solve using several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, and Medical Card
- 30-hour OSHA (Construction) card or ability to obtain one within 3 months of hire
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Able to demonstrate skills in Composure and Conflict Resolution
- Demonstrate abilities in Team Building with a willingness to collaborate and adapt
- Willingness to learn and adapt to change
- Ability to receive medical clearance and fit test & utilize appropriate PPE as needed
- Ability to meet physical requirements (movement, lifting, as relevant to job)
Preferred Skills, Education, and Experience
- Three years of relevant safety/environmental experience and/or training
- 500 Card for Outreach Trainer Authorization
- Knowledge of OSHA, and DOT regulations
- Frequently required to
- Lift and/or move up to 75 pounds
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Specific vision abilities include
- Depth perception
- Occasionally exposed to
- Moving mechanical parts
- High, precarious places
- Fumes or airborne particles
- Outside weather conditions
- Noise level is usually moderate
- Hours regularly exceed 40/week
- Regularly on call 24/7
The H&K Group, Inc. provides complete heavy civil contracting and construction materials solutions with safety, speed, quality, efficiency, and value. Beginning as a small family business a half century ago, we are now a dynamic group of vertically integrated companies that has been growing and prospering for 50 years.
Thank you for your interest in employment with H&K Group, Inc. At H&K, we invest in our people, providing the essential training, instruction, and supervisory support that they need to develop and grow within our company. We acknowledge that H&K’s strength and success is directly related to our employees and the talents, dedication, and job performance they exemplify. We seek dynamic, motivated people who are driven to make a difference.
Final determination on pay will be made by company leadership consistent with the scope of work and considering the candidates’ education, experience, skills, past performance, demonstrated leadership, and influence.
H&K does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veterans’ status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are always looking for the best, most qualified people to join our team.
Pre-employment drug testing (EOE)
100% Company-Paid Health Benefits!
Location: Hallstead, Pennsylvania, US
Posted Date: 2/3/2024
The H&K Group