The Estimator is responsible for analyzing project plans, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates for bidding projects.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Maintains bill of material and other components of job costing database
- Computes cost factors and prepares estimates used for management purposes such as planning, organizing, scheduling work, preparing bids, selecting vendors or subcontractors, and determining cost effectiveness
- Consults with engineers, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues
- Performs, verifies and assembles quantity take-offs
- Organizes and manages a centralized cost estimating database and a formal process to support cost estimating to ensure historical data is utilized
- Loads awarded project budgets into Spectrum system for reporting purposes
- Responsible for identifying specific contract requirements (i.e. DBE, EEO verbiage, etc.)
- Responsible for the project handoff process between Estimating and the Project Manager and participates in pre-construction meeting for knowledge transfer purposes
- Prepare plans and specifications for subcontractors and suppliers
- Maintain and update subcontractor and supplier information
- Prepare estimate folders for new jobs that are bidding
- Prepare estimate spreadsheets and information transfers between computer programs
- Prepare proposal packages for bid submission
- Participate in pre-bid conferences and project meetings
- Assist in delivery of bids and attend bid openings
- Maintain SCTRCA certifications of subcontractors
- Performs other duties as assigned
5 -10 years related experience
Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management
Bilingual preferred (Spanish)
Knowledge of Excel or Microsoft applications.
Knowledge of HCSS, HB, H,J
Demonstrates strong written and oral communication skills, to include the ability to effectively present in group presentations with customers, clients and employees
Demonstrates the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
Demonstrates the ability to compute rate, ration and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
Demonstrates ability to collaborate and work effectively as part of a team
Demonstrates the application of business knowledge by using academic knowledge and on the job experiences when resolving issues
Demonstrates sound judgment in resolving matters of intermediate scope and complexity
Demonstrates strong analytical and problem skills
Demonstrates a sense of urgency in responding to all situations and the ability manage ongoing changes/needs
Demonstrates ability to prioritize assigned work and complete in a timely manner, including strong time management and organizational skills
Demonstrates the ability to think ahead and effectively communicate/plan work schedules, materials, equipment and staffing needs
Demonstrates the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
Demonstrates ability to collaborate and work effectively as a team
· Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
· Capacity to stand and walk for extended periods during the workday, navigating construction sites and varying terrain.
· Tolerance for working in various weather conditions, including exposure to heat, cold, and precipitation.
· Ability to sit for extended periods while using a computer and conducting administrative tasks.
· Ability to hear and effectively communicate in person, via phone, and through online platforms.
· Proficient use of standard office equipment, including computers, phones, and other office machinery.
· Driving a company vehicle may be required.
E-Z Bel Construction, LLC Is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. All are encouraged to apply!
Compensation details: 85000-90000 Yearly Salary
Location: San Antonio, Texas, US
Posted Date: 2/2/2024
E-Z Bel Construction, LLC