General Summary: The Transmission Construction Coordinator will be responsible for performing duties and assignments associated with the construction of the Transmission lines or Transmission station facilities. The Transmission Construction Coordinator will provide construction site management for the station and/or line transmission construction projects to ensure compliance with Federal, State, Local, and Company standards, programs, drawings, and specifications.
- Responsible for coordinating contractor’s duties and assignments associated with the construction of Transmission Lines or Transmission Station Facilities.
- Review the Client Company’s Plans and Specifications for constructability prior to the start of construction and report potential constructability issues.
- Provide construction site coordination for station or line transmission construction to provide compliance with Federal, State, Local, and Company standards, programs, drawings, and specifications.
- Generate standard and ad-hoc progress reports on the construction phase as necessary or requested by the client.
- Revise field drawings to agree with as-built installations
- Provide quality performance feedback on contractors, materials, and equipment.
- Material Management Duties as they relate to the transmission construction coordination, inspection, receipt, and delivery of material and equipment to the construction site.
- Inspect and check the receipt of materials for construction projects for shortages, timeliness, damages, and correctness. Prepare reports for appropriate corrective actions and coordinate delivery of materials with other construction management groups.
- Coordinate required outages with the responsible operation center and arrange for or accept clearances as required.
- Maintain construction oversight for OSHA compliance requirements in accordance with the company’s construction compliance oversight program.
- Provide estimates to allow authorization of station or line transmission construction work by contract forces, including verification of work performed.
- Work with project management/lead as well as others within and outside the client’s company to contribute to the successful completion of the project.
This description is a general statement of required essential functions performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must currently be eligible to work in the United States of America.
- A minimum - High School Graduate or GED, documentation required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or Construction management and 2 years of experience in Station or Line engineering. [Construction supervision is a plus]
- Or ABET-accredited associate degree in electrical or civil engineering technology and 6 years of experience in transmission line work or substation work. [Construction supervision is a plus]
- Or High school diploma and 8+ years of construction experience building Electric transmission/Distribution substations and Transmission lines. [Construction supervision is a plus]
- Computer literate: can efficiently utilize Microsoft Word, and Excel to update reports and an email client to communicate with the rest of the team.
- Willing to work long hours, in remote locations.
- Must pass a screening process (drug test, background check, and driving record check)
- First Aid/CPR Training is a plus
- OSHA 30 Certified is a plus
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance are offered
- 401K with excellent company match
- Paid Time Off (vacation and 9 company-paid holidays)
- Prolonged sitting and standing are required.
- Occasional need to lift, pull, carry, and push items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to always handle stressful situations in a calm and courteous manner.
- Requires working under some stressful conditions to meet deadlines and Company needs.
- Works in a routine office environment.
- Ability to work extended hours, as needed.
- Travel will be required 75% of the time
Location: VIRGINIA, Texas, US
Posted Date: 2/2/2024
TechServ Consulting & Training, LTD