The Advanced Practice Psychiatric Nurse (APRN) is responsible for providing behavioral health services to clients at assigned sites, including those in nursing home settings. The APRN delivers behavioral health care to a caseload of clients referred by the center’s Primary Care clinicians and provides consultation to Primary Care and the IDT regarding behavioral health issues.
- Performs psychiatric evaluations and provides psychopharmacology management with psychotherapeutic support to clients, as well as individual and group psychotherapy in selected situations, and provides behavioral health consultation to other disciplines.
- Acts as a role model for professional relationships, effective communication and teamwork.
- Performs routine and urgent psychiatric evaluations.
- Develops clinically appropriate behavioral health treatment plans.
- Implements evidence based and best practice psychiatric interventions.
- Monitors clients’ response to psychotropic medications and other interventions and adjusts plans, as necessary.
- Documents interventions, medication plans and rationale/response in the EHR.
- Provides behavioral health consultation and support to the Interdisciplinary Team to increase the ability of team members to integrate psychiatric concepts/skills into the delivery of care.
- Participates in Behavioral Health program projects to enhance clinical practice, teamwork and program development.
- Covers for Behavioral Health colleagues when needed.
- Ability to pass a fit test. Position requires mask where seal is critical. Incumbent is required to not have facial hair that interferes with a tight seal of the respirator.
- Other duties as required.
- Master’s degree as psychiatric/mental health Clinical Nurse Specialist or Nurse Practitioner or ANCC certification as NP with more than 5 years in psychiatric experience and prescribing psychotropics.
- License to practice in the Commonwealth of MA as a Registered Nurse/Advanced Practice Nurse with prescribing authority.
- ANCC certification as a Psychiatric/Mental Health NP or CNS.
- 2-5 years of experience in an advanced practice role with prescriptive practice.
- Minimum of 1 year elder experience.
- Evidence of competence in evaluation and treatment of older adults, including psychopharmacology, psychotherapy, crisis evaluations and consultation to caregivers.
Location: Lowell, Massachusetts, US
Posted Date: 2/2/2024