The Purchasing Coordinator is responsible for coordinating, releasing, and tracking Purchase Orders for new construction starts and ensure PO accuracy vs. budget.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Compile all community specific vendor information and costing data to prepare for purchase order releases.
- Review lot unique budgets and ensure purchase orders reflect and capture lot unique extras.
- Issue Purchase Orders for new starts and ensure all proper notification to vendors and internal and external customers.
- Review construction extras and ensure proper coding of EPOs and VPOs.
- Update pre-permitting tasks in Build Pro.
- Monitor backlog for PO pricing updates and provide reporting of affected vs. non-affected lots to internal and external customers.
- Identify purchase order task code errors and fix root cause in Hyphen Solutions to avoid future problems and increase efficiency.
- Process change order and spec reselection purchase orders.
- Assist with updating of material takeoffs and vendor costing data in Hyphen Solutions, as directed Maintain the attributes in Hyphen to align with current design center offerings.
- Assist with tracking of late and or missing materials and components needed for closings Run relevant reports to track costs, variances, rebates, comparisons, etc.
- Assist in miscellaneous field duties, permitting, scheduling, etc.
REQUIRED JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong understanding of construction, subcontracting, and customer service.
- Understanding of sales, marketing, capital budgeting, acquisitions, entitlements, and land development.
- Excellent analytical, creative thinking, leadership, problem-solving, interpersonal, negotiation, organizational, project management and time management skills.
- Manage multiple priorities in a timely and professional manner with strong attention to detail with limited supervision.
- Read and interpret financial reports, market comps, engineering reports, construction documents and specifications, contracts, owners' association documents, and other related work documents.
- Ability to learn and use customer relationship management software including Builders CMS, customer service software including Build Pro, Hyphen Solutions and any other company-based software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point)
- Effectively and professionally communicate (in oral and written form) with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrate commitment to integrity, company values, customer-focus, and established policies and procedures Display professional appearance and manner.
Location: Houston, Texas, US
Posted Date: 10/14/2023