ProHealth Home Care Inc
Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner
Position Title: Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner
EOE Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner is a registered professional nurse with advanced graduate education and clinical training who provides comprehensive home care services in compliance with the state Nurse Practice Act. He/She provides palliative care through the evaluation and assessment of the health history, health promotion, diagnosing medical conditions, management of health problems by directing and developing the plan of care, prescribing medications or treatments, coordinating and collaborating with patients, families and other healthcare practitioners. Under the supervision of a physician, the nurse practitioner visits patients, completes physical assessments, performs face to face assessments, as appropriate, and begins the development of the palliative care plan of care in consultation with the palliative care interdisciplinary team. The nurse practitioner builds from the resources of the community to plan and direct services to meet the need of individuals and families within their homes and communities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides medical care, palliates and manages terminal illness in compliance with the state Nurse Practice Act.
2. Completes history and physical examinations, by evaluating the patient's medical condition and health history, ordering and interpreting results from laboratory and diagnostic tests or procedures, diagnosing health conditions and documents the findings in the patient's medical record.
3. Manages acute and chronic health conditions and terminal illnesses by developing an individualized plan of care, prescribing medications (to the extent permitted by licensure) and or treatments, obtaining consultations or making referrals and coordinating hospice care services.
4. Reviews clinical information, coordinates and oversees patient care in consultation with the palliative care interdisciplinary team and other healthcare practitioners.
5. Assures that patient receives appropriate measures to control symptoms through collaboration with interdisciplinary team members.
6. Reviews and develops protocols for treatment and proposes options for interventions based on the current medical literature.
7. Consults the collaborating physician or organizational leadership when the patient's plan of care is outside standardized practice and protocols.
Location : San Jose
Full-time/Part-Time: Full-Time and/or Part-Time
Location: San Jose, California, US
Posted Date: 5/23/2023
ProHealth Home Care Inc