Roers Companies LLC
Construction Project Manager - Tampa Office
Roers Companies is seeking an energetic, dedicated professional to join our team in Tampa, FL as a Construction Project Manager.
Roers Companies is an emerging leader in real estate development and property management. Headquartered in Plymouth, Minnesota, we're on a mission to elevate multifamily housing nationwide by developing and operating market-rate and affordable housing. Since our founding in 2012, our team has developed nearly $2 billion in real estate, representing more than 5,000 homes. The property management division, previously named Core Living, has ranked among America's fastest-growing companies on the Inc. 5000 list for the past three years. Our team thrives on purpose-filled work, an entrepreneurial spirit, and unlimited growth potential.
You're passionate about your work and strive to achieve ambitious goals. You offer an extra hand and aren't afraid to ask for help when needed. You act with integrity and empathy for the people around you. You get the big picture while executing the little details. In other words, you share our corporate values — passion, work ethic, teamwork, integrity, and ownership mindset.
As a Construction Project Manager, you play a vital role in keeping projects and business goals on track. In a given day, your tasks may include:
- Prepare preliminary and final estimates for assigned projects
- Develop and adheres to the approved budget, timeline, and quality control plan
- Collaborate with developers, engineers, architects etc. to coordinate project specifications and details
- Negotiate contracts with external vendors to reach profitable agreements
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment, and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations
- Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met
- Coordinate all equipment and material needs and monitor timely delivery according to project schedule
- Hire contractors and other staff and allocate responsibilities
- Conduct regular project site visits to confirm adherence to project specifications and owner program
- Evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports as required from internal and third-party authorities
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues
- Ensure that all local, state, and national building codes and regulations and safety precautions are followed
- Uses scheduling software to update schedules, track progress, and document project progression
- Coordinates all RFI's and supplementary instructions for construction and ensures all affected parties are updated with most current drawing details and selections
- Bachelor's degree in construction management is preferred.
- High school diploma or GED, 5-10 years related experience.
- 5+ years of project management and/or construction management experience in multifamily residential new building construction.
- Knowledge of current building codes and ADA laws.
- Experience with site construction, precast, wood framing, and interior finishes
- A demonstrated understanding of multifamily construction means and methods
- Experience in alternative building methods and value engineering
- Ability to work independently leading a small team overseeing the entire construction lifecycle
- Review all construction documentation, owner building standards and finish schedules to create scopes for bidding
- Experience with typical construction cost estimating and budgeting
- Ability to negotiate, draft, and execute subcontract agreements and commitments for all phases of construction
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, One Note, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Project scheduling. Experience with ProCore is helpful.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to interact with wide range of people.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and have good time management skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, understanding that your scheduled workdays may vary according to staffing and property needs.
- Entrepreneurial ownership mindset –makes smart decisions for business, puts clients and teammates first, collaborative, inquisitive, self-motivated, and operates on trust (not fear).
- High integrity – trusted, direct, truthful. Embodies confidence and admits mistakes.
- Works as a team player, operating with the understanding that we do our best when we work together.
- Passionate about your work and our company goals and vision.
- Strive to achieve ambitious goals - loves to be challenged, determined to win, works tirelessly to achieve results.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities within established deadlines.
- Ability to perform the physical functions of the position, which may include, but are not limited to: ability to walk property, including up to 6 flights of stairs, to complete physical inspections.
- Maintain neat, well-groomed, professional appearance.
Benefits & Perks
Our full-time employees are eligible for these benefits and perks:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance including HSA
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employer Paid Basic Life Insurance
- Employer Paid Long-Term Disability
- Voluntary Life, AD&D, and Short-Term Disability insurance
- 401k Match
- Equity Opportunity with Match
- Competitive PTO and Paid Holidays
- Gym Membership Reimbursement
- Free Stays in our Properties' Guest Suites
- Rent Discount if you choose to live at one of our properties
- Free Weekly Office lunches and Fully Stocked Fridge
- Monthly Social Outings
- Shorter Friday Workdays During Summer
Roers Companies is focused on building a workforce that is diverse and inclusive. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
Candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check and motor vehicle report.
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a survey at this link:
Location: Tampa, Florida, US
Posted Date: 3/4/2023
Roers Companies LLC