Roers Companies LLC
Director of Construction - Austin Office
Roers Companies is seeking an energetic, dedicated Leader to join our team in Austin, TX as Director of Construction.
Roers Companies is an emerging leader in real estate development and property management. Headquartered in Plymouth, Minnesota, we're on a mission to elevate multifamily housing nationwide by developing and operating market-rate and affordable housing. Since our founding in 2012, our team has developed nearly $2 billion in real estate, representing more than 5,000 homes. The property management division, previously named Core Living, has ranked among America's fastest-growing companies on the Inc. 5000 list for the past three years. Our team thrives on purpose-filled work, an entrepreneurial spirit, and unlimited growth potential.
You're passionate about your work and strive to achieve ambitious goals. You offer an extra hand and aren't afraid to ask for help when needed. You act with integrity and empathy for the people around you. You get the big picture while executing the little details. In other words, you share our corporate values — passion, work ethic, teamwork, integrity, and ownership mindset.
The Director of Construction will be responsible for the recruitment and staffing of all project team personnel, responsible to ensure that all Roers General Contracting personal are held accountable for their assigned role and respective responsibility, and to ensure the quality and timeliness of service to our clients. Through hands on leadership, the Director of Construction will exemplify the company Core Values in all business dealings with both internal and external customers.
Oversight of Project Executives
• Responsible to be the direct report of all Roers General Contracting Project Executives.
• Responsible to work closely with Roers General Contracting Sr. Director and Vice President in the assignment of project teams to execute new projects.
• Become subject matter expert in companywide Best Practices and conduct training on that topic to fellow employees as needed.
• Provide operational accountability.
Roers General Contracting Internal Team Meetings
• Ensure that monthly project update meetings are being conducted with the appropriate team members.
• Ensure that Project Executives are providing monthly reporting to executive leaders summarizing project status, concerns, risks, and successes.
Field / Office Relations
• Work closely with project management and field teams to promote/facilitate positive working relationships.
• Work closely with Safety, Quality Control, General Superintendent, Project Executives, and Project Managers for their support of both field and office teams to help avoid us vs. them.
• Work closely with General Superintendent to direct all field personnel to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget, with quality workmanship that conforms to original plans and specifications.
Schedule and Workload
• Work closely with Project Executives and General Superintendent to track project assignments to balance workload capacity.
• Make recommendations to Sr. Director and Vice President on hiring of personnel to maintain adequate project assignments and in line with position yearly gross margin goals.
• Work with Project Executives and General Superintendent to determine staffing needs.
• Coordinate recruitment efforts with Human Resources
Training and Development
• Identify topics and set agendas for Monthly Operations Meetings
• Monitor on-boarding processes for new hires and work on continued development and implementation of this process.
• Establish annual performance goals for each direct report and ensure that goals are established for their direct reports.
• Provide advice, guidance, and direction to direct reports for professional development and growth.
• Work closely with Sr. Director and Vice President to establish annual budget goals to include G&A expenses as well as margin expectations.
• Provide quarterly updates on status of budget management.
• Provide action and recovery plans for projects out of budget compliance.
Benefits & Perks
Our full-time employees are eligible for these benefits and perks:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance including HSA
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employer Paid Basic Life Insurance
- Employer Paid Long-Term Disability
- Voluntary Life, AD&D, and Short-Term Disability insurance
- 401k Match
- Equity Opportunity with Match
- Competitive PTO and Paid Holidays
- Gym Membership Reimbursement
- Free Stays in our Properties' Guest Suites
- Rent Discount if you choose to live at one of our properties
- Free Weekly Office lunches and Fully Stocked Fridge
- Monthly Social Outings
- Shorter Friday Workdays During Summer
Roers Companies is focused on building a workforce that is diverse and inclusive. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
Candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check and motor vehicle report.
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a survey at this link:
Location: Austin, Texas, US
Posted Date: 3/3/2023
Roers Companies LLC