Comunilife is looking for a Registered Nurse to join their Queens, Long Island City Adult Home Referral Team. The Registered Nurse Assessor will assess, plan and evaluate the health and care of older adults with serious mental illness in community and supportive housing settings. Responsible for performing the duties of a Registered Nurse, including completing health assessments, gathering medical records to further assess the class member’s functional status and coordinating services with other health professionals. The position also requires strong writing and computer skills to ensure compliance with funding. Position requires working in the field. We offer a very competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefit package including 90% employer paid health insurance and a pension plan. The salary range for this position is upto $80,000 a year.
Responsibilities and Duties
- In collaboration with the Social Work Assessor, provide professional expertise necessary to make determinations regarding class member’s eligibility.
- Perform health assessments based on reports from a doctor along with records and medical provider by approving or denying services eligibility.
- Make recommendations related to the care needs regarding the class member’s health and safety welfare.
- Maintain up-to-date charting and other documentation as required.
- Perform home visits on class members, placed on the high risk list.
- Provide crisis intervention, including emergency hospital admission support
- Actively participate in team meetings.
- Coordinate medical/medication services with external providers including primary care and behavioral health clinics, doctors, psychiatrist, and pharmacies.
- Must be a graduate of an Accredited School for Nursing with NYSED license.
- Certification in geriatric nursing, preferred.
- Previous experience in primary and behavioral health intake assessment
- 5+ experience working with older adults with serious mental illness preferred.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, plus proficient in health related computer applications.
- Bilingual/bi-cultural a plus.
Comunilife is an EEO employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Location: Long Island City, New York, US
Posted Date: 11/19/2022