Do you believe that our next generation deserves an exceptional education in a warm and loving community?
So do we.
As a part of the Shu Ren International School team, you will gain unique, professional enrichment, a strong, supportive network, and access to a special community of globally minded educators, families, and colleagues.
Shu Ren International School (Pre-K–5th grade) inspires a love of learning through an inquiry-based, Mandarin immersion program that prepares students to thrive in an evolving global society. Founded in Berkeley, California in 2008, Shu Ren recently opened a second campus in San Jose, California. Our accreditation by WASC and authorization by the International Baccalaureate (IB), demonstrates our commitment to a high-quality education for all of our learners. We focus on three critical components: Inquiry-based learning, multilingual and multicultural education, and development of the whole child, which we believe are essential to navigate an increasingly complex world.
YOUR ROLE AS A MANDARIN IMMERSION PRESCHOOL TEACHER
As a Mandarin-Immersion Preschool Teacher you will create a child-centered, inquiry-based, learning environment in Mandarin Chinese for children ages 2-5 while providing supportive feedback and ongoing communication with families, colleagues and supervisors.
- You love to develop creative and age appropriate learning activities based on children's interests through an inquiry-based curriculum
- You have a strong commitment to Mandarin immersion education
- You seek to connect with and support a diverse community of children, families, and colleagues
- You excel at keeping up-to-date, student assessment data and have the ability to communicate both orally and in writing with parents, in English or Chinese, about their student's learning and development
- You enjoy working collaboratively with other teachers to develop curriculum, as well as plan for and manage school-wide events
- You are reflective of your teaching practice and are excited to grow and learn through professional development opportunities
- Health, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life insurance plans
- Generous paid time off policies
- 401K retirement account with up to 4% matching
- Tuition discounts for children of employees
- Professional development and training, including IB PYP training for PYP teachers
- Professional, dedicated teaching team
Non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity policy:
Shu Ren International School is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment. The School does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, or sexual orientation.Requirements:
- Full professional fluency in Mandarin in speaking, reading and writing (in simplified Chinese)
- At least 12 ECE units or a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Early Childhood Education or a child development related field, Master's degree preferred
- At least two years of work experience in a licensed Child Care Center, preschool or early childhood program
- Experience with the IB PYP curriculum and/or Reggio Emilia philosophy preferred
Location: San Jose, California, US
Posted Date: 9/23/2022
KSS Immersion Schools INC