Do you believe that our next generation deserves an exceptional education in a warm and loving community?
So do we.
As a part of the Shu Ren International School team, you will gain unique, professional enrichment, a strong, supportive network, and access to a special community of globally minded educators, families, and employees.
Shu Ren International School (Pre-K–5th grade) inspires a love of learning through an inquiry-based, Mandarin immersion program that prepares students to thrive in an evolving global society. Founded in Berkeley, California in 2008, Shu Ren recently opened a second campus in San Jose, California. Our accreditation by WASC and authorization by the International Baccalaureate (IB), demonstrates our commitment to a high-quality education for all of our learners. We focus on three critical components: Inquiry-based learning, multilingual and multicultural education, and development of the whole child, which we believe are essential to navigate an increasingly complex world.
As an Assistant Teacher, you will assist classroom teachers in classroom preparations, learning activities, and supervision of students to ensure a safe, intellectually stimulating and nurturing learning environment.
- You love working with children ages 2-5 and are willing to work to assist the classroom teachers in and out of the classroom
- You have a strong commitment to Mandarin immersion education
- You seek to connect with and support a diverse community of children, families, and colleagues
- You enjoy working collaboratively with other teachers and staff
WHY WORK AT SHU REN?
- We provide Health, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life insurance plans
- We have a generous paid time off policies
- We offer a 401K retirement account with up to 4% matching
- We provide tuition discounts to children of employees
- We provide professional development and training, including IB PYP training for PYP teachers
- We are a professional, dedicated team of teachers who care deeply about each other and our work
Non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity policy:
Shu Ren International School is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment. The School does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, or sexual orientation.Requirements:
- Full professional fluency in Mandarin in speaking, reading and writing (in simplified Chinese)
- At least 6 ECE units or an Associate degree from an accredited college or university in Early Childhood Education, a Bachelor degree preferred
- At least two years of work experience in a licensed Child Care Center, preschool or early childhood program
Location: Berkeley, California, US
Posted Date: 9/23/2022
KSS Immersion Schools INC