Shu Ren International School (Pre-K–5th grade) inspires a love of learning through an inquiry-based, Mandarin immersion program that prepares students to thrive in an evolving global society. Founded in Berkeley, California in 2008, Shu Ren recently opened a second campus in San Jose, California. Our accreditation by WASC and authorization by the International Baccalaureate (IB), demonstrates our commitment to a high-quality education for all of our learners. We focus on three critical components: Inquiry-based learning, multilingual and multicultural education, and development of the whole child, which we believe are essential to navigate an increasingly complex world.
As the on-call, substitute preschool teacher, you will assist classroom teachers in classroom preparations, learning activities, and supervision of students to ensure a safe, intellectually stimulating and nurturing learning environment.
- You love working with children ages 2-5 and are willing to work to assist the classroom teachers in and out of the classroom
- You have a strong commitment to Mandarin immersion education
- You seek to connect with and support a diverse community of children, families, and colleagues
- You enjoy working collaboratively with other teachers and staff
Non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity policy:
Shu Ren International School is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment. The School does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, or sexual orientation.Requirements:
- Full professional fluency in Mandarin in speaking, reading and writing (in simplified Chinese)
- At least 6 ECE units or an Associate degree from an accredited college or university in Early Childhood Education, a Bachelor degree preferred
- At least one year of work experience in a licensed Child Care Center, preschool or early childhood program
Location: Berkeley, California, US
Posted Date: 9/23/2022
KSS Immersion Schools INC