RK&K is excited to be hiring for a new role in Central Florida. We are hiring a Senior Project Engineer to our Construction, Engineering and Inspection (CEI) team, more specifically to the Orlando area and nearby counties. This position will work within our Construction Management group under the direction of a RK&K Director or Construction Manager and will provide on-site technical and administration supervision of transportation construction projects.
RK&K is one of the leading CEI firms in Florida serving transportation and tolling agencies throughout the state overseeing major transportation roadway and bridge construction projects. The RK&K Construction Management team serves in the oversight and delivery of new construction, reconstruction, rehabilitation, safety and capacity improvement projects along urban and rural facilities.
- Oversees and assigns specific tasks to administrative staff, contract support specialists and inspectors
- Exercises initiative and independent judgment in the solution of work problems
- Oversees all phases of the construction projects
- Responsible for the progress and final estimates throughout the construction project duration
- Performs internal quality assurance reviews between assignments to promote contract compliance and evaluate CEI staff
- Communicate effectively with all project stakeholders and with clients
- Lead and support the effort to identify, market and win upcoming work assignments from various clients throughout South Florida.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with clients including governmental and private entities
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Actively registered in the State of Florida as a Professional Engineer (P.E.)
- Ten (10) years of engineering experience in construction of major road and bridge structures
- Florida project administration experience required
- Experience having performed roadway and bridge project related duties in the State of Florida (i.e. Materials Acceptance and Certification System (MAC), Site Manager, EEO compliance, processing of Supplemental Agreements and/or work orders, progress and final estimates, reviewing and recommending field changes).
- Must be familiar with FDOT Specifications and procedures
Required Education and Certifications
- Bachelors Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering (or similar)FDOT Advanced MOT certification
- Attend the CTQP Quality Control Manager Course and pass the examination.
- Complete the Critical Structures Construction Issues, Self-Study Course
Preferred Qualifications and Certifications
- Experience supporting FDOT and/or other local municipal/county construction programs
- CTQP Final Estimates Level 1 and Level 2
Location: Orlando, Florida, US
Posted Date: 8/5/2022