As part of our construction team, you are responsible for all aspects of home renovation. You should possess a well-rounded knowledge of home repair and enjoy working in an environment where every job is a little bit different. The ability to grow within our company is limitless for those who possess the right attitude, take initiative to grow their skillset and help the organization grow as a whole.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Perform construction work, including, but not limited to: demolition, drywall installation, spackle and drywall finishing, plumbing & electrical repairs, kitchen/bathroom remodeling, flooring install, framing, and skilled carpentry.
- Work involves a large amount of painting and drywall patching.
- Must know how to install kitchen cabinets, countertops, bathtubs, tub surrounds, and all other fixtures.
- Install subflooring, vinyl plank, sheet vinyl, and tiles.
- Framing walls, installing doors and windows.
- Exterior siding and soffit is a bonus
- Ensure completion of projects according to scheduling demands and work requested within designated timeframes
- Customer Focus
- Attention to detail
- Ability to Understand and follow instructions
- Use of a smartphone on a daily basis
- Understand the safe and proper use of all tools and equipment
- Rental properties/apartments - sometimes vacant/sometimes tenant occupied
- Construction Sites
- Apartment complex common areas
- Often exposed to weather due to maintenance of interior and exterior of dwellings
- Warehouse setting often
- Office setting occasionally
- Driving a vehicle to and from various rental properties.
- Prolonged periods standing and walking, kneeling, crawling, climbing and balancing.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times/100 pounds team lift occasionally.
- Must be able to carry tools and equipment up and down stairs
- Must be able to traverse a variety of properties in a variety of weather.
- Driving a vehicle to and from job sites daily.
Required education and experience
- Well-rounded experience in all facets of building renovation including basic plumbing & electrical knowledge, carpentry, painting, flooring install, doors and window repairs and framing work
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills required to interact with both tenants and office staff
- Previous job experience: Contractors, Construction Workers, Carpenter
- Bilingual preferred, not required
- Valid drivers' license along with a dependable vehicle
- Must have a smartphone and complete daily work tickets via mobile device
- Must have your own tools for the job. Basic hand tools required.
Preferred education and experience
- At least two years of related experience is preferred.
Additional eligibility requirements
Dependable vehicle required with up to date insurance, inspection and registration is required
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Empire Property Management shall follow the spirit and intent of all federal, state and local employment law and is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Location: Allentown, Pennsylvania, US
Posted Date: 8/1/2022
Empire Property Construction LLC