Do you believe that our next generation deserves an exceptional education in a warm and loving community?
So do we.
As a part of the Shu Ren International School team, you will gain unique, professional enrichment, a strong, supportive network, and access to a special community of globally minded educators, families, and employees.
Shu Ren International School (Pre-K–5th grade) inspires a love of learning through an inquiry-based, Mandarin immersion program that prepares students to thrive in an evolving global society. Founded in Berkeley, California in 2008, Shu Ren recently opened a second campus in San Jose, California. Our accreditation by WASC and authorization by the International Baccalaureate (IB), demonstrates our commitment to a high-quality education for all of our learners. We focus on three critical components: Inquiry-based learning, multilingual and multicultural education, and development of the whole child, which we believe are essential to navigate an increasingly complex world.
Under the direction of the Co-Head of School, the Preschool Director is responsible for preschool operation and campus office administration for the Shu Ren San Jose campus.
PRESCHOOL DIRECTOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working with the Co-Head of School to ensure legal compliance to State's Community Child Care Licensing regulations
- Support students' enrollment process in collaboration with the Admissions Director; assist parents with proper completion of forms if needed; orient new families and students to the school when needed.
- Maintain continuous and constructive communication with families, colleagues and supervisors with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Have a clear understanding of child safety, adhering to legal procedures related to supervision and boundaries
- Work as a substitute teacher or after-care teacher as needed
- Learn about and become familiar IB / PYP and our Mandarin immersion program
OFFICE AND ADMINISTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain and update student records as assigned; enter, maintain, and update data in a variety of databases, run reports, and produce other communications.
- General office responsibilities such as answering phone calls, ordering supplies, coordinating facility repairs etc.
- Supervise students sent to the office for disciplinary actions/health reasons and notify parents of ill or injured students; prepare accident reports if needed.
- You are kind and compassionate: You are thoughtful in your interactions and you are great at putting families, teachers and students at ease.
- You are an outstanding communicator: You have excellent written and verbal skills in English and Mandarin.
- You have amazing organizational skills: You have a talent for handling multiple tasks at the same time with frequent interruptions.
- You love learning: You are committed to reflective practices and continuous professional development.
- You thrive in a collaborative work environment: You love being part of a team, you are flexible and adaptable and willing to help others as needed.
BENEFITS – Paid time off, paid vacations, generous Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, 401K with 4% matching
Shu Ren School is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Shu Ren School embraces diversity and inclusive hiring practices. Employment at Shu Ren is open to all without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, veteran status or any other status protected under federal, state or local law.Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education or related field
- A minimum of two years of experience working in an Early Childhood Center or similar setting
- Knowledge or experience with IB/PYP preferred
- Must comply with the qualifications of a Childcare Center Director required under Title 22, Division 12, Chapter 1 of California Child Care Center regulations.
Location: San Jose, California, US
Posted Date: 7/25/2022
KSS Immersion Schools INC