Thrive Pet Healthcare is looking for a Senior Construction Project Manger to join our team. As a Senior Construction Project Manager, you must be able to manage multi-faceted project/account or multiple projects at the same time. This role is responsible for managing day-to-day construction operations and will lead the project with passion as if it were his or her own business as well as collaborate with other members of the Real Estate and Construction team.
*This position is based in Austin, TX.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Design Services- management of design professionals. The Senior Construction Manager must be able to carry out the vision while maintaining the established budget and timeline from the design phase.
- Construction Services- from cost forecasting, bidding, qualification and buy out to execution of work to the highest standard. The construction manager will coordinate within the various departments of the organization to create a comprehensive schedule with milestones and scope of work, identify potential pros and cons, make recommendations, carry the project in its entirety throughout its lifecycle as well as setting project expectations.
- Vendor management- coordination with procurement team and delivery from all vendors related to the project.
- Cross-functional management- coordination between in-house departments and executives including Operations, HR, Marketing, Recruiting, Finance and Supply Chain. The PM serves as a role model in promoting good working relationships across a project. He/She cultivates the people skills needed to develop trust and communication among all the project's stakeholders.
- Budget and timeline management- performs cost and project tracking, prepares, maintains, and submits clear and concise activity/progress reports and time recording/management reports. The main reason for tracking a project is to discover potential problems before they occur. The PM applies this pro-active approach in routinely tracking the project member's progress against their project commitments.
- Adopting project management best practices: The Senior Construction PM is responsible for defining, teaching, and enforcing the use of good project management practices. They have a capacity of resolving complex, interdependent activities into tasks-subtasks that are documented, monitored, and controlled with the aid of team members. They adapt their approach to the context and constraints to each project, knowing that no “one size” can fit the variety of projects. They are always improving their own and their teams' skills through lessons-learned reviews at project completion.
- Experience with management of multiple and simultaneous projects.
- Can read, understand, and execute construction drawings.
- Understands project flow and scheduling.
- Able to manage and track budgeting and costs as well as forecasting cash needs.
- Has capacity and openness to travel up to 70%+ of the time to project sites even on short notice.
- Great communication and great team player.
- Highly optimistic with a “get it done” attitude.
- Must be able to work/adapt to a diverse and ever-changing environment. As we continue to grow, the needs of the company will likely change or evolve.
- High organizational skills are a MUST as no two projects will ever be the same.
- Eagerness to learn from other team leaders and seek out other's people experience.
- Must be able to influence other team members by communicating vision, alignment with other departments and efforts and build commitment at all levels.
- Familiarity with Workday is a plus.
- Minimum 5 year experience in a General Contractor or Owner's Rep role.
- Has ability to be in the Austin office at least 4 times out of the work week if not traveling.
Location: Austin, Texas, US
Posted Date: 6/23/2022
Thrive Pet Healthcare