Dallas, TX, United States
POSITION: Retail Construction Worker
Retail Construction Worker
Asa Carlton, Inc., a commercial construction company headquartered in Braselton, Georgia, is seeking qualified applicants for Retail Construction Worker. These are traveling positions with assignments located throughout the United States for overnight work.
We are looking for individuals with a strong attention to detail to join our growing team. These positions are responsible for light construction work for retail clients.
Depending on experience, we pay $17-$20 for a Retail Construction Worker as a starting wage range as well as non-taxable per diem to cover your mileage/food/accommodations for every day out of town on assignment. We work at night from 9pm to 6am, Monday night through Friday nights, but hours may vary by job. To qualify, you must have a valid driver's license, your own reliable transportation, basic construction hand tools, an acceptable background check and pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Working with teams traveling to multiple retail locations throughout the US
- Ensure compliance with all safety program requirements
- Promotes positive employee relations, supports company policies and procedures.
- Ability to decipher plans/prints
- Install cash wrap fixtures
- Sign installation
- Apply paint to walls, doors, frames, floors, stripe parking lots, etc.
- Build and install wooden boxes and strips
- Install various accessories throughout the store
- Miter cut and install banding and graphics
- Install VCT, LVT and vapor barrier
- Maintains and organizes a clean job site.
- Work under the guidance and oversight of the Field Construction Manager and coordination with the Project Manager.
EOE STATEMENT: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
NUMBER OF OPENINGS: 2
LOCATION: Dallas, TX
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred but not required.
- Prior commercial carpentry / millwork experience is preferred.
- Prior commercial painting experience is preferred.
- Applicants with multi-state Retail Program Remodel experience is helpful.
- Must have strong self-management skills.
- Must have the ability to complete daily procedures and responsibilities without direct supervision.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to interact with the client and team members in an efficient professional matter.
- Must demonstrate good judgment and show respect for others.
- Must have the ability to push, pull, and lift material up to 50 pounds and perform tasks that involve stooping, walking, bending, searching for items, and standing for periods of time.
- Must own, have the knowledge of and the ability to use hand tools including power tools.
- Must be able to travel to any US work location but primarily in the southeastern US.
- Must be able to work evening and be out of town for extended periods of time if the work requires. Your normal work schedule is Monday 8AM – 12PM, 5PM – 5AM, Tuesday through Friday 8PM – 6AM depending on the project's timeline. Each project is usually one (1) week at a time before moving on to the next assignment.
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver's license, and be able to pass drug and background screenings.
- Asa Carlton is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Asa Carlton offers competitive wages and benefit plans. We have free employee-only medical insurance and a 401K retirement plan after the required waiting periods. There are opportunities for advancement as we are growing.
Location: Dallas, Texas, US
Posted Date: 6/21/2022