Dallas, TX, United States
POSITION: Traveling Retail Construction Superintendent
The Superintendent is responsible for coordinating and completing specific projects on time, within budget with a keen eye for quality, safety, and production. The superintendent will be responsible for overseeing the on-site management of the project on a daily basis in close coordination with the project manager. All aspects of the construction process will be a joint effort between the superintendent and the project manager assigned to the project. These responsibilities include: on-site surveys of existing conditions, takeoffs, material orders (with coordination from project management), scheduling, daily reports and photos via electronic template, maintaining project schedules through management of subcontractors, execution of the work with emphasis on quality, reporting of RFIs, CO's and any other issues that may arise in the field as well as punch list and close out of the project.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
Oversight of all field related activities., manage project schedule, coordination and scheduling of subcontractors, suppliers, and vendors. Ensures quality control of the work performed in relation to the drawings and specifications.
Oversight of documentation and records of jobsite/construction activities. Performs safety audits, toolbox talks and maintenance of SDS and OSHA required forms. Tracks and receives material deliveries, either furnished by owner or GC.
Coordination with inspectors for various jurisdictions and the ability to schedule inspection either by phone or electronically.
Promotes positive employee relations and supports company policies and procedures.
Ensures all work is performed safely in compliance with all safety policies and procedures.
Maintains and organizes a clean job site.
EOE STATEMENT: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
NUMBER OF OPENINGS: 1
LOCATION: Dallas, TX
- Minimum 10 years' experience on commercial construction projects with a minimum of 5 years in a Superintendent role.
- Seeking experience in one or more of these areas:
- Ground-up Construction
- C-Store/Fuel Station/Petroleum,
- Restaurant/Quick Service/Casual Dining
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, specifically with Microsoft Office – Word, Excel.
- Knowledge or certification of scaffolding, miscellaneous lifts and power tools.
- OSHA 10 certification required (or must be obtained within 30 days of hire).
- Able to travel as required. up to 4 weeks at a time
Benefits you will enjoy as an Asa Carlton Team member:
- Company Paid Medical for Employee
- Dental and Vision coverages available
- 401-K Retirement Plan
- Company Paid Life insurance for employee
- Voluntary Life Insurance available
- Short and Long Term Disability Coverages available
- Accident and Critical Care coverages available
- Legal Plan assistance offered
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Vacation Days
- Paid Sick Days
Location: Dallas, Texas, US
Posted Date: 6/21/2022