Lehigh Valley Division, part of the H&K Group, Inc. is seeking a self-motivated Construction Intern to support a variety of projects in Eastern Pennsylvania. The individual will learn the profession as duties are performed. The ideal candidate is dependable, dedicated, and quick to pick up new skills and knowledge.
H&K’s Lehigh Valley Division is staffed by well-trained, experienced, and dedicated individuals involved in Heavy Civil Construction. The Lehigh Valley Division provides complete heavy civil construction and contracting services to customers and clients throughout the Lehigh Valley, PA region, western NJ and beyond. We provide initial evaluation, accurate project cost estimates, field supervision and oversight, full-service project management and cost engineering.
Why work for H&K Group, Inc.?
- Excellent pay and benefits
- Safe and responsible operations
- Career development and growth opportunities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs all work according to OSHA/MSHA and H&K Safety policies
- Assist project managers and estimators with various tasks.
- Work under supervision of a project manager or a senior level team member.
- Assist with data collection, input, verification, and manipulation
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills, Education, and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required and work environment for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Actively enrolled and in good academic standing in a bachelor’s degree program in Construction Management, Construction Science, or a related field from an four-year college or university
- Proficiency with Internet Explorer, MS Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Able to work full-time during the upcoming summer of 2022
- Ability to fit test & utilize appropriate PPE as needed
- Ability to meet physical requirements (movement, lifting, as relevant to job)
Preferred Skills, Education, and Experience
- Two years or 60+ credits towards the bachelor’s degree
- Previous internship or work experience in the construction or construction materials business
- OSHA or other relevant safety certifications
Thank you for your interest in employment with H&K Group, Inc. At H&K, we invest in our people, providing the essential training, instruction, and supervisory support that they need to develop and grow within our company. We acknowledge that H&K’s strength and success is directly related to our employees and the talents, dedication, and job performance they exemplify. We seek dynamic, motivated people who are driven to make a difference.
H&K does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veterans’ status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are always looking for the best, most qualified people to join our team.
Pre-employment drug testing (EOE)
Location: Easton, Pennsylvania, US
Posted Date: 6/17/2022
Lehigh Valley Division