Associate Teacher - Project
Bargaining Unit: Local 1 - Family and Children's Services Unit
The Contra Costa County Community Services Bureau has immediate openings for qualified classroom staff to work with and meet the emotional, social, cognitive, creative, physical and linguistic development of young children in the Head Start and Child Development Programs. These are excellent opportunities for persons interested in the care, development and instruction of young children.
Under supervision of a Teacher, Associate Teachers assist in planning and conducting full-day, full-year classroom activities for preschool children 2.5 – 6 years of age.
- Assists in assessing the needs of children enrolled in the program
- Assists in organizing the children's learning environment
- Assists in planning and implementing the developmental program
- Assists in working with parents in building a relationship of mutual respect and cooperation
- Models appropriate behavior for the children and other adults
- Makes verbal and written reports of suspected child abuse to Child Protective Services and report unusual incidents to others as required
- Performs duties and responsibilities of the Teacher-Project during hours when the Teacher-Project is not assigned to the classroom
- Reports issues of concern to the Teacher-Project or Site Supervisor-Project
- Performs other tasks as may be required for the efficient operation of the instruction program
License Required: Possession of a valid California Motor Vehicle Operator License. Out of state valid motor vehicle operator's license will be accepted during the application process.
Education: Possession of a high school diploma, G.E.D. equivalency, or a high school proficiency certificate and 12 semester units in Early Childhood Education/Child Development, including core courses. Prefer an Associate of Art (A.A.) degree or higher in Early Childhood Education/Child Development or related field from an accredited college or university.
Permit Required: Possession of a Child Development Associate Teacher Permit issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing or a Contra Costa County Associate Teacher Temporary County Certificate (CCC TCC).
Other Requirement: As required by law, all appointees to this class must successfully pass a physical examination and fingerprint and tuberculosis clearances.
Location: Concord, CA, US
Posted Date: 11/23/2021