Teacher - Project
Bargaining Unit: Local 1 - Family and Children's Services Unit
The Contra Costa County Community Services Bureau has immediate openings for qualified classroom staff to work with and meet the emotional, social, cognitive, creative, physical and linguistic needs of young children enrolled in the Head Start and Child Development Programs. These are excellent opportunities for persons interested in the care, development and instruction of young children and the cooperative involvement of their families.
Under supervision of a Site Supervisor in a full-day, full-year classroom, Teachers establish and maintain an effective classroom environment, and lead a team of instructors to plan, organize and present a full range of developmentally appropriate activities for preschool children 2.5 – 6 years of age.
- Plans and supervises Child Development classroom activities
- Assesses children's needs and development
- Holds parent conferences about children's development twice a year
- Models appropriate behavior for the children and classroom staff
- Leads the classroom team in planning and implementing the developmental program
- Assists in training instructional staff with the goal of building a team approach to meeting the children's needs
- Works with parents in building a relationship of mutual respect and cooperation
- Reports issues of concern to the Center Administrator
- Makes verbal and written reports of suspected child abuse to Children's Protective Services and of unusual incidents to Community Care Licensing
- Maintain commitment to training and continuing professional development
- Complies with standards of conduct as required by Federal, State and County regulations
- Performs other tasks as may be required for the efficient operation
License Required: Possession of a valid California Vehicle Operator License. Out of state valid motor vehicle operator's license will be accepted during the application process.
Education: Possession of a high school diploma, G.E.D. equivalency or a high school proficiency certificate and possession of 1) an Associate degree in Early Childhood Education; or 2) An Associate degree in related field and coursework equivalent to a major relating to Early Childhood Education, with experience teaching preschool-age children; or 3) Baccalaureate degree in Early Childhood Education; or 4) Baccalaureate degree in any subject and coursework equivalent to a major relating to Early Childhood Education with experience teaching preschool-age children.
Permit Required: Possession of a Child Development (CD) Teacher Permit issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing or issuance Contra Costa County Teacher Temporary County Certificate (CCC TCC). Possession of a current CD Teacher Permit or CCC TCC at all times is a condition of employment.
Other Requirements: As required by law, all appointees to this class must successfully pass a physical examination and fingerprint and tuberculosis clearances.
Location: Concord, CA, US
Posted Date: 11/23/2021