JOB TITLE: Construction Administrator
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Exempt/Salaried
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Regular Full-Time
EEO-1 CLASSIFICATION: Administrative Support Workers
REPORTS TO: Director of Construction
JOB LOCATION: Dallas, Texas
Construction Administrator - JOB PURPOSE:
The Construction Admin will work directly under the Director of Construction and will provide general and administrative support for the construction department by communicating and coordinating with the director, project managers, vendors as well as property management teams and other internal departments. The Construction Admin oversees all stages of construction projects to ensure they stay on schedule and within the established budget.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
Construction Administrator - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Coordinates, organizes, plans, and prioritizes work with multiple contractors to maintain schedule and budget.
- Provides administrative support to Director of Construction by assembling reports, schedules, meeting notes, and prepares meeting room and materials.
- Makes travel arrangements and compiles expense reports as needed.
- Provides weekly project status reports to the Director of Construction and Project Managers
- Drafts pre-construction documents, including subcontracts, job information sheets, material sourcing sheets, key personnel letters, plans, addenda, specifications, and schedules for Director of Constructions review
- Sets up and maintains project job files.
- Obtains, collects, organizes, and files all project contract documentation including contracts and change orders
- Solicits subcontractor and supplier quotes as necessary.
- Tracks subcontractor invoices and payments via invoice software and construction trackers.
- Assist with the execution and submission of monthly project schedule updates for management.
- Prepares project and company meeting documents.
- Prepares schedule and notes from the weekly Project Scheduling meeting.
- Provides assistance with special projects.
- Monitors contractor performance in regard to cost and schedule performance tracking.
- Monitors post-construction warranty requests.
- Administers the completion and closeout process for all construction projects.
- Ensures system data and information are accurate and up to date at all times.
- Responds and communicates to all project team inquiries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Demonstrates a basic knowledge of department procedures, tasks, and company policies
- Prepares construction packages to present for new project start approvals, subsequent and final draw funding request approvals.
- Recommends processes to improve Company efficiency.
- Responsible for day-to-day communications with Supervisor and ensuring all reporting and tasks are completed on time.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance according to required work schedule decided by the Company.
- Represents the Company in a professional manner at all times.
Construction Administrator- REQUIRED SKILLS/ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. (English)
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Team player with effective leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize duties, manage time efficiently, and multi-task.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Proficiency with Job Cost software preferred
Construction Administrator - EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Associate or bachelors degree in construction, project management, or related field of study
- 1-3 years prior work experience in construction administration position, multifamily industry preferred
Construction Administrator - PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms
- Regularly sit and stand for several hours at a time
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Prolonged periods of standing or walking at project sites
- Regularly use the hand and arm for writing and/or typing
- Occasionally climb up and down stairs several times each day
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
Construction Administrator - REQUIRED TRAVEL:
- Must have valid drivers license and automobile insurance.
- Occasional travel to existing properties or potential acquisitions may be required, which may include air travel and/or overnight stays.
[Successful completion of background and drug screening required prior to beginning employment.]
Lion Real Estate Group - BENEFITS OFFERED:
- Medical Insurance (77% of employee/dependent premium paid by Lion)
- Dental Insurance (99% of employee premium paid by Lion)
- Vision Insurance (99% of employee premium paid by Lion)
- Voluntary Plans, including Life/AD&D, Accident, Critical Illness, Disability, Hospital Indemnity, and Pet Insurance
- Third-Party Dedicated Benefits Concierge (TouchCare)
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan (6% Company Match)
- Paid Time Off Policies:
- Sick Leave
- Holidays (New Years Day, MLK Day, Presidents Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Indigenous People's Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day)
- Bereavement Leave
- Inclement Weather
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Perks and Rewards Program through Fond.com
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Dallas, Texas, US
Posted Date: 11/20/2021
Lion Real Estate Group