Under limited supervision of the Health Officer, the Public Health Nurse provides a variety of public health nursing services, including but not limited to nursing, teaching, and health counseling services to the community to prevent or control diseases and adverse health conditions in the County; to assess the health needs of the community; and performs other duties as required.
Education and/or Experience
Any combination of education and/or experience that has provided the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for satisfactory job performance. Example combinations include possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in public health nursing; and one year of public health nursing experience.
Possession of or ability to obtain a valid California driver's license and a satisfactory driving record.
Possession of an appropriate, valid California Public Health Nurse Certificate. Computer literacy and ability to produce professional documents and spreadsheets.
COMPENSATION & 100% FTE in a five step salary system with advancement upon satisfactory completion
BENEFITS of a 12 month probationary period and annual increases thereafter.
Salary Range 51B ($34.58-$42.04) per hour
- Health Insurance: County provides medical, dental and vision coverage for employee and dependents with co-payment by employee dependent on family status.
- Vacation: Accrued at the rate of 6.67 hours per month, or 10 vacation days per year.
- Sick Leave: Earned at the rate of 8 hours per month.
- Holidays: 15 paid holidays per year.
- Retirement: Participation in the California Public Employee Retirement System (PERS), 2% at 62 plan New Members
- Deferred Compensation: the County has a voluntary deferred compensation program.
- Alpine County is a drug, alcohol and smoke-free workplace.
Eligible applicants are REQUIRED to complete an Alpine County application form. Resumes may not be substituted for the official county application but may be attached to a completed application. A County application can completed online on the County website at www.alpinecountyca.com. Qualified applicants will be invited to an oral interview after review of the applications. Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background and reference check; satisfactory driving record.
Final Filing Date: Open Until Filled.
Fax and postmarks will not be accepted. Applications are to be filed at:
Alpine County Administration
75 A Diamond Valley Rd,
Markleeville, CA 96120
Alpine County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, mental or physical disability, marital status, sex or age.
Location: Markleeville, CA, US
Posted Date: 11/17/2021