Satellite Shelters Is Hiring!
We are looking for experienced Field Service Technicians to perform maintenance and service repairs in the field and to coordinate with the on-sight staff to prepare and repair mobile offices for future rental and sale. Our Field Service Technicians work directly with our customers, problem solve, and gain experience within the mobile industry and construction field.
This position provides most weekends off, additional pay incentives, & the opportunity for overtime.
We offer a complete benefits package which starts on day one,flexible vacation time, 401k with profit sharing, paid holidays, and the ability to grow within a culture focused on professional development
Repairs Units: This position is customer oriented and is responsible for maintaining the fleet on locations, monitoring units, and make repairs and modifications as needed to units on location.
Service Technician: In addition to the location service calls, this position is responsible for the construction and repair of units in the yard in compliance with Satellite Shelters policies and procedures and according to specifications aligned by Branch Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Repairs Units:
- Interface with customers at job sites
- Preparing units for rental in a timely manner according to Satellite quality standards
- Making repairs and modifications to units as required
- Performs maintenance on units while on location
- Takes necessary photographs of unit as required
- Performs other duties as required
- Clean all units
- Wash and wax flooring
- Replace and install floor tile
- Replace and install windows and doors
- Replace and install exterior siding and other building components
- Paint all portions of units to specifications
- Remove and replace walls
- Remove and replace lighting, plumbing and electrical
- Perform light carpentry work/repair on customer job site.
- Perform other duties as assigned
No formal supervisory role.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Clean MVR required
- Ability to pass required background checks
- Average computer knowledge
- Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent and 4+ years of maintenance/construction supervision experience required
- Strong interpersonal skills in working with both customers, vendors, and sub-contractors.
- Excellent problem solving and detail oriented skills.
- Basic mechanical skills to work on vehicles
- Average ability to read and write to maintain records and inventory
- Good organizational skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of usage of tools associated with position
- Wears personnel protective equipment as required
- Physical and mental ability to operate company vehicles and associated equipment
- Demonstrated ability to perform rigorous outdoor and indoor duties including walking, standing, climbing, stooping, squatting, bending, twisting, kneeling, reaching, sitting, lifting, grasping, pushing, pulling, manual dexterity, etc.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Good fine motor skills, coordination, range of motion and grip strength
- Ability to work in all climate conditions.
- Ability to be exposed to loud noise levels.
- Ability to operate hand and power tools
- Ability to work in an environment containing dirt, grease, and dust.
- Ability to work safely around heavy machinery and heavy equipment.
- Ability to hold air impact tools up to 30lb.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Houston, Texas, US
Posted Date: 11/15/2021