HOURS: Full time, exempt
SALARY: Starting at $75,000 commensurate with experience and location
Do you enjoy telling compelling stories and piecing together information to craft masterful narratives? RDA is seeking a highly motivated individual with superb writing skills, attention to detail, and experience writing on deadline for the position of Business Development Writer. The Business Development Writer will aid a cross-functional team to develop and implement RDA’s growth strategy by supporting the development of competitive grants, proposals, and client deliverables. This is a mid-level position.
For more than 35 years, RDA has provided consultation to public, private, and social sector organizations working across the public safety net system to address persistent social, health, and economic problems. Our services include research, assessment, planning, grant writing, organizational development, training and coaching, facilitation, data system development, and evaluation. We believe in working collaboratively with one another and with our clients and, as lifelong learners, we believe that people and organizations can grow and change.
What You Will Achieve in Your First Year
As a Business Development Associate, you will be a critical member of the Business Development and Marketing Team and meet a variety of organizational needs. You'll collaborate with our multidisciplinary consulting teams, leverage your top-notch writing skills, and tap into your marketing genius to promote RDA’s impacts and outcomes and win public-sector contracts. You’ll also support the search for requests for proposals (RFPs), develop and copyedit content, and promote marketing campaigns. Every day and every project are different, and we are constantly learning, but here is a sample of what you can expect to experience in your first year:
Support Consulting Teams and Clients with Writing Needs
- Support grant application development for our clients who utilize our grant writing services
- Work collaboratively with project staff and team members to ensure highest quality work
- Copyedit and QA client deliverables that are produced by our consulting teams
- Copyedit and QA other organizational communications as needed
- Support writing training for staff
Find and Win New Business Opportunities
- Draft, support, and submit written responses to Requests for Proposals (RFP) and Requests for Qualifications (RFQ)
- Maintain analytics related to proposals and marketing
Support Marketing and Organizational Development Efforts
- Develop and edit marketing content
- Support the management of marketing campaigns, including social media calendars
- Develop, improve, maintain, and manage related internal processes and tools
- Track record as an effective, efficient, and positive team member who is a quick learner and self-directed
- Extensive experience developing high-quality written content
- Proven track record of developing winning proposals for diverse agencies
- Demonstrated experience developing compelling marketing content
- Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven department
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience with graphic design is a plus
Benefits of Working at RDA
- Dynamic and collaborative workplace
- Family-friendly environment with accommodating schedules
- Flexible vacation time off (not accrual-based)
- 100% RDA-sponsored health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance for employees
- 401k, with RDA discretionary match
- Pre-tax flexible spending accounts for medical, dependent care, transit, and parking expenses
- Personalized professional development
- Access to discounted retail products and services
Celebrating Diversity and Inclusion
RDA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equitable and inclusionary hiring practices. We strongly encourage applicants from all cultural backgrounds, religions, sexual orientations, genders, and ages to apply.
Please include a cover letter, writing sample, and references with your resume.
Location: Oakland, California, US
Posted Date: 11/14/2021
Resource Development Associates Inc.