The mission of the Capital Projects Office (CPO) is to provide state-of-the-art facilities through architectural design, engineering and construction management for Major Capital Projects with high quality, and within the budget and schedule for our clients in Healthcare, Research and Academia at UT Health San Antonio. Due to significant growth, there are multiple positions available that will support major construction projects to include UT Health San Antonio's Multispecialty and Research Hospital, The San Antonio State Hospital, and the clinical expansion near The University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA) campus.
- Conducts daily observation of construction work and generate reports for compliance with approved contract drawings, specifications, requests for information (RFIs), change orders, and approved submittals and shop drawings. Issues observation reports noting conditions of non-compliance, with proper references to detailed drawings and specifications sections. Project portfolio: Typically 1-3 projects average value $10M - $300M.
- Reviews, comments, maintains, organizes, distributes, tracks and retrieves paper and electronic construction related project documentation, including inspection and test reports, RFI's, Architect's Supplemental Instructions (ASIs) documents, submittals, project change control document, etc. Survey construction progress to confirm percent complete by trade. Review, confirm, modify and approve monthly contractor payment applications. Attends early morning, evening, or after-hour installations (ex: concrete pours) requiring owner representation. Flexible hours required for construction observations.
- Coordinates and monitors Commissioning process, including equipment testing, functional performance tests and Integrated System Tests of inter-related systems. Monitor deficiency logs to assure follow up of re-testing and system performance. Assist the Project Manager (PM) or Resident Construction Manager (RCM) in resolving construction issues involving architectural, civil, structural, plumbing, electrical, and mechanical issues.
- Coordinate with campus facilities and operations when utility outages, noise control, traffic control or security are required by the work. Attend pre-outage planning meetings. Monitor project close-out procedures, including O&M manuals, as-builts, punch lists, and warranty walk-through. Issue punch lists and track deficiencies for above ceiling, open wall and Substantial Completion inspections, and visit to confirm completion of deficiencies.
- Monitors and documents job site safety, Storm Water Pollution Protection Plan (SWPPP), Best Management Practices & posted notifications. Conducts weekly inspections and follow-up on correction of noted non-compliance by contractor. Maintain SWPPP and Safety inspection file
High school diploma or GED equivalent is required.
Ten (10) years of related experience in complex commercial or institutional construction is required.
Healthcare experience is preferred.
Technical certifications, licensure, or apprenticeship in one or more building trades preferred.
Location: San Antonio, TX, US
Posted Date: 11/10/2021
UT Health San Antonio