WHERE YOUR POTENTIAL MEETS OUR PURPOSE:
At Pacific Life, you are given the opportunities and challenges to embrace your potential and achieve your personal best, every day. What you find here is something special – it’s purposeful work done with a shared set of values that brings us all together.
Pacific Life offers life insurance, annuities, and mutual funds, along with a variety of investment products and services, all of which provide The Power to Help You Succeed. Headquartered in Newport Beach, CA, Pacific Life is a Fortune 500 company with approximately 2800 employees. We pride ourselves in providing a work environment that is challenging, inclusive, collaborative and results-oriented. We firmly believe each employee plays a part in our continued growth and success.
Currently, we are seeking a talented Senior Underwriter to join the Life Insurance Division in Lynchburg, VA. The Life Insurance Division works with financial and insurance professionals to give families and businesses the life insurance coverage needed to help meet important financial protection, wealth accumulation, and wealth preservation goals.
Life Underwriting is responsible for evaluating insurance applicants by correlating all aspects of risk to determine whether to accept, modify, or decline applications.
Life underwriting focuses on mortality by evaluating risk of death, which includes history, degree of medical maintenance, treatment, and flags of potential future risk. Underwriters are a critical component to the placement of Life and/or LTC coverage and can directly impact our position in the marketplace.
- Complete wing-to-wing underwriting decision:
- Starting with review of upfront underwriting data/tools,
- When appropriate, conducting a tele-interview with clients to complete their medical history by asking probing questions and detecting gaps, while balancing great customer service
- Handling additional underwriting requirements by determining value, ordering, and reviewing to perform risk selection,
- Finalizing cases.
- Data enter medical history and utilize system workbenches to process and decision cases.
- Demonstrate dependability, organization, and sound judgment by adhering to schedules and meeting all productivity, quality, and performance standards.
FACTORS FOR SUCCESS:
- Bachelor Degree
- Strong PC and typing skills to include general Microsoft skills required to data enter and process information; extremely comfortable with web based underwriting analysis tools and imaging systems
- Minimum five years of underwriting experience with demonstrated proficiency in all underwriting processes and philosophies to include strong cardiac background and older age underwriting; ability to handle advanced decision level authorities without a co-signature
- Change advocate and mentor; co-signs cases behind others
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with ability to build rapport and gain acceptance at all levels while exercising tact, diplomacy and resourcefulness
- Completion of LOMA 280/281 and 290/291; actively working toward AALU and FLMI
- Professional Designations: AALU/FALU and FLMI preferred
- Ability to work remotely as needed for tele-interviewing
- Critical thinking skills and attention to detail with ability to quickly identify information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities and detecting changes in circumstances or events
- Ability to interpret meaning of information for others; translating or explaining what information means and how it can be used
- Ability to develop specific goals, plan, and prioritize work
- EKG and Cardiac test interpretation preferred
Join the Pacific Life team and watch your career grow! We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes: • Competitive salary and bonus program • Medical, dental, and vision as part our commitment in investing in the health and wellbeing of our employees • Two retirement savings plans: 401k savings plan with company match and Company Retirement Contribution (company-paid) • Generous vacation time and holiday pay • And much more!
Pacific Life Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at Pacific Life Insurance Company.
Apply for this job at http://pacificlife.contacthr.com/52592664
Contact: Pacific Life
AboutJobs.com does not guarantee the validity or accuracy of the job information posted in this database. It is the job seeker's responsibility to independently review all posting companies, contracts and job offers.